• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

New shower head.... suggestions?

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
The wife and I need a new shower head for the master bath. Not looking to spend a fortune, but we want something nice that'll last.

Requirements:
-Must have a hand-held... whether it's a 'hanging' hand-held or a head with a diverter and separate hand-held, it doesn't matter... just has to have a hand-held.
-Most have a relatively coarse spray available. We both tend to like a coarse spray pattern. I can't remember the last time either of us changed to a massager setting or the slow trickle spray...
-Cannot be gold/brass/bronze. Nickel, brushed, chrome, silver or white work.
-No fins sprays... the ones with like needle-streams of water hurt (and tickle the scalp for those of us folicularly-challenged folks)

Lowes and Home Depot didn't have anything that really screamed out 'take us home' last night... I wish they had a display set up with running water through them so you could see all the heads in action.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...I know about finding one setting and only using that forever...I did however used one recently and I really liked it...It was made by Waterpic...I turned it to the pulsating setting for my neck and shoulders and it was fantastic..:eek:

...It went from low flow to hyper pulse, I couldn't believe how well it worked...I thought I would add this while you are shopping around...I have used many other brands but was impressed with this one...

Blacksheep Josh

Slinky+Escalator=Fun
Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Ford Ranger, RIP 93 X
I got mine from Wal-Mart. It's a plastic handheld that hangs up. It only has one spray pattern but it's plenty of flow and comfortable... I have a pretty thick head of hair when my 'fro is out and it penetrates fine... but it's not so strong it hurts.. Also has an on/kinda off switch.

It was 14 dollars at Wal-Mart, not sure of the brand though.

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
I was just going to say Costco- they have 3 nice setups in the store right now...

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
You joined a forum about vehicles to post in a 11 year old thread about shower heads. THANKS

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
You joined a forum about vehicles to post in a 11 year old thread about shower heads. THANKS
He posted a spam link. Now he's gone ;)