New Snorkel Idea | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Snorkel Idea

right my air duct just blows cool air near the filter, its not forced to use that air... kind of like how sports cars will cool brakes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now you can use the dryer vent duct but you have grind all the sharp edges and make sure there are no intrusions.I would think that if you use 2" or 3" cpvc or pvc it would be more stable not to metion the clamps are easy to get and manipulate.Oh and there aer fitting's for the bends that need. you just need to check the thoat radius...

I found This, its a Gen 2 X but its the same concept. exept I would make it go into the cowl.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82522

This is basically what you were saying

I didn't get to it yet. I did look at my mounty parts truck and i'm not sure if it will work on the 2nd gens. There is not a lot of room to fit a 2-3 inch pipe inside the cowl from the fender. I think it might be possible to heat and flatten out the pipe a little to male it fit. I will try to get to it soon and I will post pics.

I didn't get to it yet. I did look at my mounty parts truck and i'm not sure if it will work on the 2nd gens. There is not a lot of room to fit a 2-3 inch pipe inside the cowl from the fender. I think it might be possible to heat and flatten out the pipe a little to male it fit. I will try to get to it soon and I will post pics.

you have to "flatten" the inner fender with a BFH to make the pipe fit ;)

I'm not talkin about the inner fender, I know it has to be cut out of beat in. I'm talkin about running the pipe from the inner fender into the cowl panel instead of cuttin a hole in the fender.

at work i have a pvc "hotbox". it heats up to 4" conduit so you can bend it, i wonder if one could heat the conduit and form it to the shape of the cowl cut-out then mitre it to make a 90 to enter the cowl? also you could possibly flatten the pipe along the fender instead if using the persuader on the fender, i dont think it would hurt the airflow??
but thats probly not a common tool to have around...a big enough heat gun would work as well
just a thought, but what do i know i haven't even taken the first fender off:p:

Have you seen this snorkel
5048570032_medium.jpg

also do you have some pictures how to install snorkel under the hood ???

Back