• Register Today It's free!

New Speakers Installed

Robz98EB

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Eddie Bauer
I just finished replacing all four of my door speakers with Pioneer TS-A6870R speakers (6"X8"). I must say, it is a noticeable improvement. Of course the stock speakers were worn out after 7 1/2 years. I'm very happy with new speakers....they were definitely worth the $170 I invested (for all four speakers). If anyone is looking for a good bang for your buck on three way speakers, I recommend these. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make sure you replaced the wires if you still have the stock wires running to the speakers.

Why should I do that? All I did was use the adapters provided for the connectors.

Blee1099 said:
Make sure you replaced the wires if you still have the stock wires running to the speakers.

Robz98EB said:
Why should I do that? All I did was use the adapters provided for the connectors.

Cause the stock ones are of poor quality. very thin gauge wire.

Thanks for the info. I may do that if I ever decide to upgrade the head unit, too.

Blee1099 said:
Cause the stock ones are of poor quality. very thin gauge wire.

unless you add an amplifier theres no need to upgrade the factory speaker wire... If you install a new head unit, I would run 16 gauge directly from the H/U to each speaker. If you add an amp use 16 gauge directly from the amp to each speaker.

Back