New Sport 2017 - Impressions and... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Sport 2017 - Impressions and...

Larry Gamm

Reaction score
City, State
Noho, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey Team Explorer
Finally went for the 2017 Sport (in white)
Dealer gave me a day to drive around to get familiar - but I new that I would want one
Dragon-lady wife - (just when she is dealin') got us a fair proce.

They had one on the lot in white with the 401 package and the Moon/Sun roof - Guess it was meant to be

Enjoying Sport Mode in the canyons, and played with the Sand mode for quite a fast punch.
Find the brakes a bit slow but I normally downshift anyway
Hate the fact there does not seem to be an easy way to remove the Third row Seat Headrests, as wehn 2 kids are back there - they don't need it - but it sure blocks my vision.

Otherwise it's driving nicely, good timing with the recent Los Angeles Rain Craze!

Question - was thinking of adding the Roof Fiber Wrap - anyone else try this
https://www.facebook.com/GhostShield/photos/pcb.954654351295843/954654287962516/?type=3&theater

Well - you guys are great - along with the Manual - most of my questions have been answered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice. We got our 2017 Explorer Platinum about a month ago. I wanted the Sport because of the engine, but the wife didn't like the body styling so we compromised on the Platinum. Did you get the 2nd row bucket seats or the bench?

Hmmm didn't realize the body style was that different !
I opted for the bench , With Kids and their friends we have had 3 in both rows and they were fine

Nice. We got our 2017 Explorer Platinum about a month ago. I wanted the Sport because of the engine, but the wife didn't like the body styling so we compromised on the Platinum. Did you get the 2nd row bucket seats or the bench?
The engines in the Platinum and Sport are the same.

Hmmm didn't realize the body style was that different !
I opted for the bench , With Kids and their friends we have had 3 in both rows and they were fine
Welcome to the Forum Larry.:wave:
Happy motoring!

Peter

Back