New Sport Trac, a few observations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Sport Trac, a few observations

06bluez

Reaction score
City, State
St Charles MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Well a few weeks ago I picked up a 2010 Adrenalin v8 awd in blue flame, really like this truck!

I just changed the oil for the first time, and am impressed with the little features like the oil deflectors for the pan and filter, nice touch ford!

Anyone elses bed storage lid strut dead? I test drove a few gen2 ST's and all had a 'deflated' gas strut on the front bed storage compartment. I might pick up a new one, but would it be covered under warranty? Still has the 3/36 on it for a little bit more time..

I had the truck checked out at the local Ford dealer, and they updated the PCM/TCM programming, and the trans has been shifting good, but sometimes overthinks things when I am driving slow in parking lots, etc. Also seems like the torque converter does not unlock enough when coming to a stop, it tries to hold 2nd and 1st gear too long when braking to a stop. It's not as bad as some describe the infamous 'bump' but could be better.

Here's a pic of my old ST:
IMG_1578.jpg

Don't have any good pics of the new one yet, but will get some up soon. Ordered a Magnaflow catback and a new oval tip. I am planning on modifying the tail section for the adrenalin rear exit. Hopefully it turns out good!

Nice looking older truck and congrats on the new one! My truck bed compartment strut is bad too, I think everybodies dies but I think its a cheap fix, I'm just too lazy.

You can buy the struts way cheaper than Ford sells them for. Mine did not work even when new. I only keep a few things in mine. Duct tape, rope, shovel and a bag of lye.

Funny - I never realized there was a strut on that bin! It is too far out of reach, so I never use it. I just use the two side bins for straps / harness adapter and store my hitch pin in the front of my trailer.

I have put 11K on mine now. Like it alot, but really need to do something about the lethargic trans. Not sure if simply more power (S/C) would do what i want for general driving.

Back