• Register Today It's free!

New ST Adrenalin Owner Questions

Squirrelmaster

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hello everybody :wavey: ! I've been on these boards for a while (mostly lurking), but I just recently traded in my '95 XLT for an '04 ST with the Adrenalin package. So far I like the ST quite a bit, much nicer than my '95, but one thing I don't really care for is the Pioneer headunit that the Adrenalin comes with. Now I will say it's nice that it plays MP3 CD's, but at the same time it is the fowlest, ugliest headunit I've ever seen. I want to find out if anyone happens to know the part# for the headunit so that I can see if Pioneer has any iPod accessories for it (I doubt it since it doesn't have any auxilary button, but then again the controls on it are goofy, so who knows). I had the iPod plug-in in my last car, and since I spend quite a bit of time on the road, I'd like to be able to have it in this one as well (without having to buy a new headunit). Thanks for any help :salute: .

Here's the best shot of the headunit I have for comparison (it looks like the guys from Half-life 2 with the gasmasks).

Tom

(just realized I mis-spelled Adrenalin in the thread title :( )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, and here are some pictures of it (the ones the dealer took).

Tom

Welcome Tom

(just realized I mis-spelled Adrenalin in the thread title )

It's fixed now.

Great looking truck. I love the red. I was too impatient to wait to find a red 4x4 one back in 2000. :p:

I might be interested in buying your head unit if you want to upgrade:)

Welcome Tom

It's fixed now.

Great looking truck. I love the red. I was too impatient to wait to find a red 4x4 one back in 2000. :p:
Thanks :D . I made sure I bought a 2wd simply so that I didn't turn my truck into your truck (were this a 4wd, it'd already be on 33's by now, if not 35's :roll: ).

RoughEdge said:
I might be interested in buying your head unit if you want to upgrade :)

I'll keep you in mind if it comes down to that, though there may be someone else in line before you.

Tom

I too am interested in adding an audio input for an external mp3 player. Does anyone know if this is possible with the upgraded pioneer stereo or if it can be plugged into the amp that comes with it?

Also, does anyone know how to get to the amp. I heard that the back seat has to be removed. Is that true?

Thanks.

Back