• Register Today It's free!

New Subs, which one?

YettiCrush

Reaction score
City, State
Marietta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I just finished building a dual-12" ported enclosure. The volume per chamber is right at 1.6 sq feet. I have a 4-channel amp that puts out 220 watts RMS (2000 peak total) over 4 channels at 4 ohms. I picked up 2 Sony Explode p5 12's at the Best Buy I work at for $80 on clearance/discount so I'd just have something to put in my box till I get my "real" subs. I'm hoping some of you guys can give me some advice.

I'll first state my price range for 2 12's is no more than $800 for both (can go over with shipping). Right now I am set on getting Elemental Designs A series 12'22's ($295 a piece). I was realy leaning towards the MTX 9500's but they are just out of my price range. I was looking at the MTX 8500's as well but didn't know how they compare to the 9500's, granted they aren't a "supersub".

I'll state that for personal useage I listen to metal like Opeth, Slayer, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Lacuna Coil, and Iced Earth. However, being the *cough* cultured fellow I am, I also love cruising with my friends listening to 'Lil John or some heavy rap. So my priority is SQ but I still wanna be able to put the local Fockford HE2's, Audiobahn Flame Q's, MTX Thunder 7000-8000's (not the _500's) to shame as far as straight-up noise.

What would you suggest?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

link, sorry

Sorry, would help to give a link to ED for those that don't know the site.

www.edesignaudio.com

you have a pm

ditto

ditto :smoke:

looks like another 9500 user

someday everyone will understand how great they are

RE SX, x..? (dont know how much they cost anymore..)

SI Magnum D2? Orion H2?

The 9500s are good, I would even venture to say great... but they are not everything...

should be happy with any of those choices :D

Back