• Register Today It's free!

New sunroof seal?

RADIOACTIVE_TOOL_SHED___

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro north Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford explorer xlt
I'm redoing the sunroof in my 1993 Ford Explorer I've had foam tape on top of the oem seal and it doesn't leak but I get wind noise I'm wondering if anyone has a source to a new oem sunroof seal the problem with mine is that it has shrunk and isn't making contact with the glass on the passenger side rear of the glass or is the sunroof crank thingy with the 4 screws bent is that supposed to be completely flat?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried looking up other years of the same bodystyle?

I don't know exactly in what condition is your sunroof, but it often happens (mine too) that the back of the glass does not make contact with the seal anymore. I have read that someone has pushed the seal from below, so that it rises a couple of millimeters and makes contact with the glass, I have not tried it, but it worked for him.

I don't know exactly in what condition is your sunroof, but it often happens (mine too) that the back of the glass does not make contact with the seal anymore. I have read that someone has pushed the seal from below, so that it rises a couple of millimeters and makes contact with the glass, I have not tried it, but it worked for him.
I heard that the lifter mechanism bends where the trigger buttons latch to and has to be bent back

Back