New supercharger kit for 4.0L | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New supercharger kit for 4.0L

Robb said:
Um................you just replied to Josh! :rolleyes:

:p
Yup, I'm a dumbass. :p

Sorry Josh, I thought it read that if we did a group buy that he'd go for $750/ea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That deal was on e-bay for the length of the auction. Unless he has another auction, I doubt we will get that. I think if we ask though, he might do a group purchase. Unfortunately, no dinaro. :mad:

Also, for those of you looking on e-bay. Watch the auction but don't bid. I watched one aution and no one ever bid. His starting bid was 465.00. I waited until there was about 4hours left and sent him an e-mail. I told him if he did'nt sell it, I would give him 300 the next day. He replied back and said OK. The one I got was still in the factory wrap and had the intake plenum and SC to upper intake gasket as well.

EATON M62 for NISSAN NEW IN BOXES

I made a multiple purchase myself, I basically came up with the same system involving aluminum plates to mount. I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME ANYMORE !!
I'm keeping two of these blowers myself, I'll sell the other two I have for $750 each. I'm not negotiable on that price. They are new in the box.I can send photos.

Is this $750 for the mounting plates, SC, or ? Please email me pictures and a detailed list of what's included. Thanks

i thought someone still makes a roots blower for the 4.0L?

sc unit itself.

NOTAJP said:
Is this $750 for the mounting plates, SC, or ? Please email me pictures and a detailed list of what's included. Thanks
This is for the supercharger itself, I will include shipping if interested. I did list photos before but I dont see them now, I just need your email address to send.
Keith

Tell me the downside of my S.C. thinking if any.EE has the 4.0 system for sale now.
$3400.00 not encluding Chip as I have been told.
CARB cert is in the works so in my state it will be smog legal, system is set to run at I believe 6lbs, perfectally safe for a not built O.E.M engine.
But am thinking not alot of bang for the buck when you consider a chip or tuner and installation time, perhaps 4 grand total.
Am inclined to have my flasher set up for a 75 shot Nitrous system, perfectally safe with my mods and the proper tune, fuel and plugs at alot less cost for the few times the extra H.P will be used, Upside? Downside? your thoughts?

EE?

Eaton?

Explorer Express

lowflyingbird said:
This is for the supercharger itself, I will include shipping if interested. I did list photos before but I dont see them now, I just need your email address to send.
Keith
I sent you an email, but no pics.......

you can email me hereif you need my address again: (screenname)@explorerforum.com

You sent me an Email NOTAJP?

NOTAJP said:
I sent you an email, but no pics.......

you can email me hereif you need my address again: (screenname)@explorerforum.com
sorry, without a quote, is sometimes hard to tell whom is talking to whom.
My most humble aplogies, was not meant to cause consternation

Ok guys, I'm now officially stepping into this project. I now have $1500 saved in cash and will be purchasing the components as soon as my Fed tax return comes in. Boy is my girlfriend going to be pissed i bought this instead of her ring heh heh.

What I got:
98 Explorer sport with the OHV 6. It has 92,000 miles on it and runs like a top. Other then a tranny completly rebuilt at 54,000 all other drive train parts are stock. The tranny seems very happy (it was the highest level rebuild i could afford) and has no hint of problems, so i may leave that unmodified.

The engine does not leak, emisions have stayed level over the life of the truck and no work on it has been needed... ever. I think this should be a good candidate as it will only recive 5-6 psi boost... not that much.

The truck currently has 2" lift through shakles and a TT. I'm running on Bridgsone Dueler MTs... a very nice set of tires. I have 4.10 gears with an open differential. I do plan on swapping in an Eaton electro-locker in the rear at some point in the future. Headlights are Hella HIDs, and i have two sets of auxillarays... one running off a relay and another one i swapped with the stock foggs (which will handle 50 watts anyway, so i just put in 50 watt hella driving lights),

What i'm getting: I'll be purchasing the fully constructed bolt on adapter kit, and a used Eaton M62 charger. I plan on doing this myself, wich should be fun as I have never really worked on anything this complicated before. If i get in trobble you guys and my local mechanic will guide me through it.

What I plan to get out of this project: THe Nisian 3.5 has very simaler specs as that OHV 4.0 in terms of power output, torque, fuel consumption and size. I expect the SC will boost my truck to about 190-200 RWHP, and about 220 at the crank. I have no intention of stressing components and will not be adding a larger throttlebody, headers or anything else to improve airflow other then a Flowmaster 50 series (just because i like the sound). I plan on keeping this truck a while and do not want it to look modified, or overpower the components. I know this may seem half assed to many of you, but i already have enough tickets, and don't need a sports truck.

I do a considerable amount of dirt road driving, minor offroading and industrial access sites. That was the reason for my lift, this project is in response to becoming slower and more fuel ineficient. I would like to cruise at a lower gear with more power then i am currently. I would also like to be able to pass a 91 camry if need be.

What i NEED FROM YOU: Support. I'm no mechanic. I'm a bit worried about the fuel set-up. I have a returnless fuel system, but this kit is for a return type. I'm not even totally sure on the difference between the two. Other then that this instalation looks dead simple.

Where are you getting your adapter from? Are you gonna run the Eaton M62 off the nissan's? If it is, can you get a better deal if you get 2? If so, I'm interested if the price is right.
Edit: I see when you edited you answered my question about the M62.

i'll be buying the kit from thomas knight, and the M62 off e-bay. I'm pricing myself for reciving no deals at this stage as i don;t know who and how many are interested. The total project should be between 2600-3000, including a lil help from my mechanic.

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP's run Eaton M90's...

Thomas knight :eek: I'll let you be the guinnie pig. Let us know how that turns out. Good info. can be found a rangerpowersports.com , although I think their site is down I haven't been able to go there in the past few days.

Ok I searched his name and this outfit's credibility is in question. So now what? What do I need to make this work.

Explorer express has a system. Thats just from reading here though. Its pretty expensive, but looks complete.

Scroll about half way down the page when it opens.

EE click here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats for a SOHC not a OHV

Back