New SYNC Version out Today (Oct. 16/22) V3.4 Build 22200 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New SYNC Version out Today (Oct. 16/22) V3.4 Build 22200

Dale5403

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Ford released a new SYNC update today. The new version is 3.4.22200

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm I'll have to go out and check to see if mine updated.

From the Ford website: How to Update via USB

This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.
This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates.
The installation of this update will take up to 60 minutes to complete. DO NOT remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle. You must wait until Installation Complete is displayed on the center screen before removing your drive or turning your vehicle off.
While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device.
Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.

Thanks for the info Dale. I just checked and there is an update for my Aviator. Haven't installed it in the vehicle yet so I don't know what the build number is.

Peter

From the Ford website: How to Update via USB

This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.
This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates.
The installation of this update will take up to 60 minutes to complete. DO NOT remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle. You must wait until Installation Complete is displayed on the center screen before removing your drive or turning your vehicle off.
While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device.
Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.
I doubt the 60 minutes statement. There are only 5 files and the download to my computer was fairly quick as was the transfer to the USB drive.
The previous update had more files and only took about 30 minutes or so to install in the vehicle.

Peter

Any info on what the update brings?

I doubt the 60 minutes statement. There are only 5 files and the download to my computer was fairly quick as was the transfer to the USB drive.
The previous update had more files and only took about 30 minutes or so to install in the vehicle.

Peter
The update took about 35 minutes for me.

Nothing that I can tell. Have been running it for several weeks from Cyanlabs. Every update, i hold out hope that the 10" portrait screen will be better utilized but am always left disappointed.

Very, very rarely do they explain what the updates are. Only the generic verbiage. It shows as Build 22110.
"This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.

This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates"

Peter

Nothing that I can tell. Have been running it for several weeks from Cyanlabs. Every update, i hold out hope that the 10" portrait screen will be better utilized but am always left disappointed.
Yeah it really boggles the mind how they could've fumbled the ball so hard on the portrait layout and not using the extra real estate. In all honesty, it seems the smaller screen has a lot more usability. The screen is 1 of the few things i really dont like in my new explorer and it would be so easy for ford to fix it!

After a successful update today. I looked through the settings and didn't notice any changes.
1666035675258.png

Then I accomplished some serious work. Oil change number two. I change it myself every 6 months, about 4,500 miles.
IMG_1223.JPG

Just downloaded an update, 2.6gb. Copying it to USB stick now and then'll take the car for a spin :)

Edit; Well, that turned out to not work... When i plug in the stick it says updating system software, then after about 20-30 seconds it says i have removed or changed the usb stick :S

Gonna try with a new stick now.

Edit 2; different stick did the job, its updated now.

I am interested if you have downloaded the new version. If so, have you had any issues. My SYNC has been a hot mess since we purchased our car Sept. of 2021.

I am interested if you have downloaded the new version. If so, have you had any issues. My SYNC has been a hot mess since we purchased our car Sept. of 2021.
I installed it yesterday. So far, so good. Haven't used it much. What SYNC version are you on? There were 2 or 3 versions that caused issues. 21194 solved them for the most part. That was released in Aug 2021

The only issue i'm having now, is uploading the log file to Ford's site. Everything else works as it should.

I called Ford yesterday regarding the update, I wanted to know the Version before wasting time trying to install something which might be already installed. The lady stated I had the latest Build 21194 which appears to be bad information. Sunday the auto update said all updated.

Ford is starting to really ___s me off. While inquiring about the rear bolt fracture CSP I was hung up on.

Let's Go Ford

I called Ford yesterday regarding the update, I wanted to know the Version before wasting time trying to install something which might be already installed. The lady stated I had the latest Build 21194 which appears to be bad information. Sunday the auto update said all updated.

Ford is starting to really ___s me off. While inquiring about the rear bolt fracture CSP I was hung up on.

Let's Go Ford
I posted the new version in post #1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted the new version in post #1
Apparently, according to a member of the Lincoln forum, the build number for the Aviator is 22110. I still have mine on a USB waiting to take a long enough drive to load it into the vehicle. I'm getting a range of 20-30 minutes?

Peter

Back