New SYNC Version out Today (Oct. 16/22) V3.4 Build 22200 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New SYNC Version out Today (Oct. 16/22) V3.4 Build 22200

Downloaded and updated my 2020 today. No problems until I tried to re-pair my Samsung S22. After attempting many different things I gave up and performed a hard reset. After that everything was fine again. Seems like Ford's software is a little buggy most times. Shows 3.4 Build 22200 now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter, mine updated via wifi and shows as 22200.

Peter, mine updated via wifi and shows as 22200.
I'm not sure why some show 22110 and others 22200?:dunno: There are several instances like that on the Lincoln site. I used the USB method to update but that shouldn't make a difference.

Peter

I'm not sure why some show 22110 and others 22200?:dunno: There are several instances like that on the Lincoln site. I used the USB method to update but that shouldn't make a difference.
It seems that every firmware update Ford rolls out has some sort of problem. Mine hasn't updated though the car sits for days in range of one of my WiFi access points and the battery is new/fully charged. If it doesn't work on its own, I won't bother trying the USB drive method as that will no doubt screw something else up. I really enjoyed filling out my JD Power ownership survey on the 2020+ Explorer. It was a cathartic experience...

It seems that every firmware update Ford rolls out has some sort of problem. Mine hasn't updated though the car sits for days in range of one of my WiFi access points and the battery is new/fully charged. If it doesn't work on its own, I won't bother trying the USB drive method as that will no doubt screw something else up. I really enjoyed filling out my JD Power ownership survey on the 2020+ Explorer. It was a cathartic experience...
Do you have Sync V3.0 or 3.4? I was told you require 3.4 for WiFi downloads. Mine on 3.4 didn't see the available update when I scanned for it so I used the USB method again. No issues.

Peter

It has WiFi updated in the past. I just never expect it to work correctly. That way I avoid being disappointed.

I'm pleased to report the update verification in Step 4 is now working.
I uploaded the XML file and the website returned this notice.
1668518607231.png

View attachment 436432
Mine updated while off it finally stopped saying failed to update and eventually passed through. But I guess I also did start parking in the driveway.

Mine updated while off it finally stopped saying failed to update and eventually passed through. But I guess I also did start parking in the driveway.
I'm guessing that this wasn't on the 2000 Limited that is in your profile. Time to update.

Peter

View attachment 436432
How long did it take to update on the site? I have uploaded my .xml a few times and it still says I have an update.

How long did it take to update on the site? I have uploaded my .xml a few times and it still says I have an update.
Mine updated immediately after the .xml file upload.

Peter

It took a minute of driving around for it to get the information. But after awhile I got it updated.

Back