OLD SETUP:
144.3 db with a brand new TL meter legal at the windshield
(1) DigitalDesigns 3515d sub
3.5cu.ft box precision ports tuned to 36 sub up ports back
(1) Rockford Fosgate 1000a2 amp
4awg power cable
Stock alternator
Stock battery
Here is a picture...This was the 3rd box built for this sub(1st with precision ports) and apparently there was too much port, so I blocked off the center port hole and it sounded better, and was louder.
system8.jpg

----------------------------------------------

NEW SETUP:
??? db
(1)18" Ascendant Audio Mayhem
8cf box w/ precision ports tuned to 35hz sub up ports back
(1)Hifonics XXV Colossus amp 3200rms@2ohms
(1-run)3/0 welding cable from front to back
Big-3 wiring upgrade
6 Panasonic AS00815-1 batteries in back
200amp excessive amperage alternator

Still waiting for the sub and alternator to show up, expect pictures of the new install process.

Here are some pictures so far of what I have recieved...Sorry for the dirty batteries, they will be cleaned up in the final install.
I have 3 more ports still in the packaging, just didn't feel like pulling them all out for the pictures.
system.jpg

system1.jpg

system2.jpg

system3.jpg

system4.jpg

system5.jpg

system6.jpg

system7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

149db. You can send the money to my Paypal. Looks like fun.

Wisconsin, aa subs...? I know a guy that was selling a pair... Hummmmm... With fuse holders, I would guess you would run meca... Is this just a dd?

Wisconsin, aa subs...? I know a guy that was selling a pair... Hummmmm... With fuse holders, I would guess you would run meca... Is this just a dd?

My old setup was a DD 3515d new setup is a 18" AA mayhem.

149db. You can send the money to my Paypal. Looks like fun.

Lol, yeah running this 3/0 is not going to be so fun, but I think I'll be happy with the outcome. :)

holy fishpaste barnicle boy! thats gonna be crazy

Lol, yeah running this 3/0 is not going to be so fun, but I think I'll be happy with the outcome. :)

at least your using welding cable, its alot more flexible and you can easily maneuver it where u need it. where as if u went with the audio equivalent cable its would be a pain in the arse to move and run

at least your using welding cable, its alot more flexible and you can easily maneuver it where u need it. where as if u went with the audio equivalent cable its would be a pain in the arse to move and run

Exactly. Has anyone ever run 3/0 inside an explorer? As of right now I plan on running it through the frame, but if I can get away with running it inside and being fine I'd much rather to it that way.

My old setup was a DD 3515d new setup is a 18" AA mayhem.

DD is daily driver. As in, you dont do comps, you just like a system in your car. I mean, cars can be both, but I was curious.

DD is daily driver. As in, you dont do comps, you just like a system in your car. I mean, cars can be both, but I was curious.

Haha, sorry bout that man. It was late and I was drinking a bit. I know what you mean now. Yeah for the most part it will be a daily pounder, with the occasional competition attendance just for fun.

**UPDATE**
So I played hooky from work to run the power and ground cables, and mount the front fuseblock...

Some progress in the install...
system12.jpg

system14.jpg

system11.jpg

system15.jpg

system16.jpg

system9.jpg

Here is the 3/0 welding cable VS. 4ga power wire...
system13.jpg

The group of batteries chillin lol
system10.jpg

And for ***** and giggles... the 6000k H.I.Ds
hids.jpg

hids1.jpg

those batteries are going to be your weak point. You should really have them in their own sealed enclosure thats vented to the exterior of the vehicle. Those batts release poisonous gasses that you dont want in your interior.

Also I think 8 cubes is too big of a box. Id stick around 6 cubes internally after all displacements and also ditch the 4" aeroports as theyre very inefficient. Either use 6" aeros, make custom 8-10-12" aeros or make a nicely flared slot port. Keep the enclosure as close to the window line as possible without going over, you will choke the output and it will look silly. Not to mention get thrown in a walled class at any competition which actually follows given rules. Lastly if you use aeroports re-tune your ports during your SPL competition to tune them to the 47-50 hz range. You should gain about 1-1.5 db there if you were really tuned at 36 hz before.

those batteries are going to be your weak point. You should really have them in their own sealed enclosure thats vented to the exterior of the vehicle. Those batts release poisonous gasses that you dont want in your interior.

Also I think 8 cubes is too big of a box. Id stick around 6 cubes internally after all displacements and also ditch the 4" aeroports as theyre very inefficient. Either use 6" aeros, make custom 8-10-12" aeros or make a nicely flared slot port. Keep the enclosure as close to the window line as possible without going over, you will choke the output and it will look silly. Not to mention get thrown in a walled class at any competition which actually follows given rules. Lastly if you use aeroports re-tune your ports during your SPL competition to tune them to the 47-50 hz range. You should gain about 1-1.5 db there if you were really tuned at 36 hz before.

Yeah, the batteries will be sealed in their own "box" with vent tube going outside through the floor.

The box size is just a guesstimate, probably be about 7cube before displacement. 45hz is what seems to be this trucks sweet spot. My friend that's doing the box build for me owns a brand new TL meter so we will be tuning for both(bring the length tubing with to competitions and change them out when i get there)
And the port size, I was on a budget and I already had 3 of them so I ordered up 2 more. My question to you is, do you think 5 of them would be too many? Or 4? According to the calculator on precision port's site the ports would be shorter with 4 then if there was 5. Think 4 is about what I should stick with? I will rebuild the box another time with 6" ports(around tax season I might buy another 18 and amp)

Here it is hooked up and installed....

system17.jpg

system18.jpg

system20.jpg

system19.jpg

And here is a video, most of the flexing didnt show on video, but this thing is brutal. I have dash movement, some plastic/rubber pieces came out from somewhere by my sunroof, the sunroof slaps like a S.O.B, etc...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMAF0slZ9Q

Also, I ordered a set of DD audio 6.5 components for the front. They should be here by Tuesday in time for the competition coming up the 16th.

pretty good for a single 18

ur peak will be higher than 45 hz...ull be in the 48-52 hz range..but setup looks good. You'll definitely gain when switching from 4 4" aeros to 2 6" aeros though. The more port you give it the louder it will get with the same tuning.

Back