New Terrain Management Problem...

arred79

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
So I like many other people have been periodically experiencing the terrain management fault for a while now, which always clears when the car is restarted, it's been annoying but I've just been dealing with it, as my truck is out of warranty and I don't feel like taking it into Ford. Now however for the past week I have been experiencing something else - the terrain management setting all of sudden changes by itself while driving! The other day I was driving along and felt the rpm's change and I realized it had put itself in snow mode. I turned the dial back to normal mode and a few minutes later it changed itself again to another random setting. Now this is really annoying, as it's been happening almost everyday this past week. I'm hoping to just swap out that terrain management swtich/dial on the console and hope that cures it. Has this happened to anyone else?

I don't recall this issue coming up here before. Have you tried just turning it back and forth a few times across all modes? Maybe contacts need a bit of cleaning. I do that sometimes on my toaster oven when it stay heating up and the elements don't turn off when the set temp is reached.:)
I think #19 is the switch; Console for 2013 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

Back