New Tires coming!! :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Tires coming!! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have been looking for tires since i bought my ex in april... i bought it used with a set of brand new tires on it... i was happy to have new tires... after a few months i was really disappointed.. they are those exact tires.. i might have a bad set but they seem to be very soft and wear extremely fast... if i were you i would steer away from those... maybe others will chime in with different experiences but i have that exact size an i am glad i didnt spend good money on them.. i would go with a better known brand and spend the little extra money that you will be glad you spend in the long run.. i had a set of good year wranglers on my last 4x4 and loved them..

Wow I didn't even see that. Thanks for pointing that out!! They're in the back of my explorer right now. Trying to find a place that will do them cheap. So far, Pepboys will do it for 66$. Everywhere else is ranging around 100$. I'm trying to see if I can get onto the local military base because they have a DIY garage on there with all the equpitment and you can do it yourself for about 6$.

Wow I didn't even see that. Thanks for pointing that out!! They're in the back of my explorer right now. Trying to find a place that will do them cheap. So far, Pepboys will do it for 66$. Everywhere else is ranging around 100$. I'm trying to see if I can get onto the local military base because they have a DIY garage on there with all the equpitment and you can do it yourself for about 6$.

Are you good with balancing? Price around here is typically $15 to mount and balance each wheel, so that $66 sounds like a fair deal.

Balancing skills are flawless. Skills ive learned by previously working for firestone :)

So heres an update...

I got the tires put on after I found out that we were going to have a snow storm and it costs me 90$ at a local ma and pa shop.

The quality of the tires is actually not that bad. I am quite impressed with the small amount of price they cost. They're a little soft, but other than that, really impressed in the snow and wetness. :) :)

I sell those tire, they are a Firestone private label tire and are actually pretty good overall. They are Chinese made, but they actually have pretty good quality, and we haven't had a SINGLE issue with them, and we've sold at least 50 sets through our store.

Back