New tires for my '97 (15x7 -> 18x8) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New tires for my '97 (15x7 -> 18x8)

Hey, i am planning to get new winter/summer tires, but i am bit worried about the ET and width. I'd like the rim to stay with in or flush with fenders, due to regulations around here *sigh*.

I am planning to swap from 15" to 18" rims and trying to select tire/rim size that'd include as little problems as possible. I'd like the rims to "push" out a little since the OEM are kinda deep in there, purely for looks.

Below rims/tires i'd swap to (235/75/15x7ET12 to 235/60/18x8ET0).

Also rim style:

Barzetta_America_titanium_LP_1.jpg

Will these cause any problems when turning the wheel, rim center bore is 71.6mm?

When you deviate from factory spec parts, your always have to do a trial fitment or "test" the part in intended position to check for proper function, this is especially true with rims and tires, there is no way of knowing without first putting one (rim and tire) in place and checking for clearance of the body, frame, and steering components. Measuring is the first step, test fit then follows, if all is OK, then they should be fine, I say "should" because there is always some aspect of the modification that may have been over looked. Will that rim and tire combination fit without problems? Unless you find someone with the exact style and size rim and tire combination on their car and can give information about the installation then there is no way in knowing.

Back