New Tires Today

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ranger
Got new tires today. Firestone Destination A/T's. Should be much better in the snow than the Goodyears it came with. Not a whole lot of selection when it comes to 245/65-17's.

IMG_3155.gif

IMG_3156.gif

The Firestone's had good reviews on TireRack.com so I went with them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks great keep up good work

So far I can report that they are pretty quiet for an A/T. Only got 25k out of the OE Goodyear Forteras, which was actually fine because they were horrible at braking in the snow even when new.

Everyone is buying new tires! They look great. I had them on my previous Mariner. They were excellent.

Only thing, gas mileage seems to be down. I know all-seasons have less rolling resistance than all-terrains, that have less rolling resistance than mud-terrains. I dunno, I'll keep an eye on it.

Yep -- I lost 1 MPG as well -- going from OEM Contis to the Destination ATs (on my previous Mariner). It was well worth it to me. Conti-craps were the worst tires I've ever ridden on. I replaced them at 800 miles.

Ya, the Continentals that came new on my wife's Taurus were crap too. Treadlife was pretty good but wet and snow traction was awful.

The Conti's on my '04 F150 were the suck. The ones on my Dad's '04 F150 keep flat-spotting when they sit and take dozens of miles to un-flatspot, for him, that means never. The Conti's on my 2004 Taurus were horrid- loud, and traction was terrible.

I wish Ford would stop using those tires. Everyone that has means to swap them, does. One major weakness of Ford IMHO...

The Conti's on my 2004 Taurus were horrid- loud, and traction was terrible.
Yokohama Avid TRZ's are the shiznit for the Taurus. Trust me on that if you need tires, although I have Blizzaks for the winter. Dead quiet, awesome in rain, and wear like iron.

I had these same tires on my Ex and they do very good in the snow, ice, rain, mud. I had less than 8,000 miles on mine and when I swapped my 20's on, I noticed all 4 had cracked sidewalls. Took them back, dealer gave me 4 brand new Bridgestone Dueler AT revo's and then I just sold them last week.(never drove on them) Other problem I had with the Firestones was I could never get them balanced. They replaced 2 tires because they were bad, but still didnt' really help. Great looking tires with great traction, but I just had a bad experience with them.

Got new tires today. Firestone Destination A/T's. Should be much better in the snow than the Goodyears it came with. Not a whole lot of selection when it comes to 245/65-17's.
The Firestone's had good reviews on TireRack.com so I went with them.
White letters out, bold choice! :D

Everything looks better with white letters. :D

Back