New to Car Cleaning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to Car Cleaning

Hey guys, my car needs a good clean/wax and i decided to do it myself because its cheaper than paying someone. I have some scratches on it from a previous cleaning(not by me) and my friend was suggesting polish? you know, its those little swirls from a brush. what type of polish would you recommend and then what type of wax? i polish and then wax correct? i want to do a good job and i know it takes practice, but i also wanta make sure i use the proper stuff. thanks
-sean

Zaino doesn't have anything that is worth a crap at removing swirls though. The Z5 hides MINOR MINOR ones, but it wont remove them.

If you're serious about caring for the vehicle, then you need a Porter Cable or equivelent orbital polisher and the proper pads. With pads whis will cost you $150 and its so worth it. Makes the job 100 times easier. With the polisher and a cutting pad you can easily remove those swirls with a slightly abrasive polish/cleaner like Meguairs Dual Action Cleaner Polish or something from the 3M line of polishes and cleaners. You can also use these by hand, but its MUCH harder to get good uniform results.

Back