new to forum and looking for group to wheel with | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new to forum and looking for group to wheel with

BigMac4x4n

Reaction score
City, State
Everett/Mukilteo,Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 5SPD
hi my name is Chris i am anew meber here i am a owner of a 1999 ford ranger with a maxed torsion twist 3 in bl ,lift blocks in the rear and 285/75/16 tires on mb72 rims, i am part of ford ranger groups and adventure groups i am wanting to get my truck ou and wheel herer in washington state i need to still figure out how i am going to get some tow points on the rear of my truck i have the stock tow points on the front of my truck but i want to put a reciever hitch on the front and put a winch carrier for when i go wheeling, i have 2011 ranger side steps on my truck now,im not good at fab work or not really machanicly inclined but i am willing to learn and need to.i will post a couole of pics of my truck if i can figure it out

right after i bought my truck before anything was done

(lost photos)

with torsion twist and 285/75/16 tires

after body lift

as it sits now with a friend from pnw crew off a ranger forum

Give me a shout if i can join in on any wheeling runs with you guys in the North Western group

welcome to the forum, if youre looking for a set of rock sliders ive heard of a few ranger guys using rock sliders for toyota tacomas made by trail-gear.com. im actually looking into doing the same thing, just doing some research on it. i noticed that you are 4wd, if you did the torsion twist, bumping them up over 2" might be bad for your cv joints. im not sure how it effects rangers but for us exploorer guys, it will def cause some damage. i hope you find some people to wheel with and when you do make sure you post lots of pics!

Welcome to EF.

We'll try to keep that pretty Ranger,,,,,,pretty?;)

See you on the New Years Day snow run.

Back