New to forum and owning an Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to forum and owning an Explorer

Diggman33

Reaction score
City, State
Wakefield, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4WD SOHC
Hi all,
Just thought I would introduce myself. I found this site while doing a google search on how to install the overhead console. What luck that I ended up here, there seems to be a ton of good advice from knowledgeable X owners.
Well, this is the first X I've owned... just purchased it. It's a 1997 2dr. Sport, SOHC 4.0L, 84K miles, Willow green exterior and Willow interior. I bought this SUV as a 2nd vehicle. I'll have a ton of questions as I start repairing and maintaining my new UTE, and hopefully I will be able to share some of my trials and tribulations with the group.

I guess the very first question I have for this forum is; How do you post pics here? I wanted to include a pic of my X and I don't see a place where you can attach an image...

Thanks,
Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome,

You should think about becoming an Elite member as it will allow you to store and post pics here on the board. It also helps us keep the site running smoothly.
You have just found the best website out there. I cant wait to see your pics.

Follow the link below to become Elite:
http://www.explorer4x4.com/elite.html

Welcome,
Make sure you take that X into the back woods a little.

Welcome Steve, I found this place looking for a good Explorer picture for wallpaper not long after I got my Explorer last June. Have fun......and watch out for the mod bug ;)

Thanks all! Im looking forward to becoming an elite member! My Father-in-law is a Ford Technician, so I should have a bunch of good, insider info to share when I start inundating him with all my X questions!

Welcome aboard. :chug: Sounds like we may learn a few tips from you, with a ford tech. in the family. Are you going to keep your stock, lift or lower yours. I like them all.

Carl D. said:
Welcome aboard. :chug: Sounds like we may learn a few tips from you, with a ford tech. in the family. Are you going to keep your stock, lift or lower yours. I like them all.

Thanks Carl. Yeah, my Father-in-law has been a Ford Tech for most of his life so he's always a good source of info. Im planning on keeping it *close* ;) to stock. I'll be mainly using it for road trips with the occassional trek through the backwoods of New England. The first thing I NEED to do is get the suspension squared away. Seems like a lame arss set up for the 2dr models!

I just noticed you are from Wakefield. I live in the seacoast area of NH, but I work in Georgetown MA if you know where that is. Last summer we were working in the new public safety building in your town installing all the alarm and dispatch equipment. It is a small world.

Hey, very cool Scott. I know where Georgetown is and I've been to the Hampton Beach area plenty of times. I actually purchased my X from a small dealership in Amesbury, MA - not too far from where you live! It is a small world.

I actually went to high school in Amesbury, its the next town over from me. :)

Congrats on becoming Elite so soon..... :bounce: :cool:

Thanks!

Thanks Crankcase! This site is great - tons of good X info. :thumbsup:
Making my donation to become an elite was a no brainer! :afro:

Woohoo! another Mass-hole! Welcome to the site and congrats on becoming elite so soon. Theres more info here than you could ever read... but don't let it keep you from trying :p Hope to meet you at a get-together some time in the future.

-Tim

Back