• Register Today It's free!

New to forum Quick Question

lhgdale

Reaction score
City, State
Gardendale AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 Ranger
Hello, My grandmother just gave me my grandfathers old 1990 ranger 2.3 litre. It is running but not well. From what I see there are two serpentine belts one running the alternator and important parts and the other running the A/C. The A/C is long gone and the compressor is making a squealing sound. I plan on just removing the belt but are there any other important components on this side of the engine or just the A/C. Also does anyone know a link to explain how to fix the fuel gauge( it is stuck on empty).. Thanks alot for your info and time...

For the Fuel Gage you'll probably have to drop your gas tank and replace the little copper/brass float. Its very common on the 91-94 explorers and 89-93 rangers. I just hade to do mine about 6 months ago. If you do it yourself it'll cost about $15 for the float at the parts store. If you have shop do it, it can be as high as $500 depending on your local labor rates.
I believe (but not for certain) that the A/C belt is just for the A/C. It may also run some of the same assecories as the main belt though. It been quite awhile since I've looked at a 2.3L Ranger.

Back