New to Forums

Earnit

Reaction score
City, State
STOPOVER, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello all,

new to the forum and first time posting on a forum for me. I have a 2018 Explorer sport . First time owning a SUV lol I was always a coupe guy before I had kids and then I found this puppy. Learned that I could mod it and it was on from there. I’m posting here to keep progress and grab info from others if I can. So far I have a K&N intake with a custom tune from Livernois Motorsports. The 93 performance tune. I never expected it to be as quick as it is but dang this car has some top end !!!! I see the Durango R/Ts as my nemesis so they better watch out.

I recently purchased the 160 Thermostat, pre gapped spark plugs, 3 bar map sensor, and a aFe throttle body spacer for all those min/maxxes lol. I will make another post after I install and tune to let you all know how it runs but so far I am very happy with the cold air and 93 tune. Wish my wife would put the pedal to the floor more but she says she is scared. That’s ok I guess. Leave the flooring it to me .

F3DB1816-E6B4-4D23-A0F7-E0F49B7E2A1F.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. If you do how to articles with photos and or video of your modifications I will set you up with an Elite Membership that can span from 3 months to a year or more depending on the content.

Welcome to this forum! Is the 160 degree thermostat in the custom tune? The lower temperature thermostat might create issues with the computer system since it's calibrated for a higher temperature.

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Explorer.

Welcome to this forum! Is the 160 degree thermostat in the custom tune? The lower temperature thermostat might create issues with the computer system since it's calibrated for a higher temperature.
Yes custom tune for all the parts :) hoping to take it in for a dyno to take a look at the numbers

Welcome and enjoy the mod projects!

Back