New to me Explorer!

Cade _ATL

Reaction score
City, State
ATLANTA GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer EB V8 4x4
Just wrote a check for a 2009 Explorer

Thanks to this forum I had more of an idea of what to look for and what to expect.

The details:
Eddie Bauer
4.6L 3V V8
Control Trac 4-wheel-drive system
Black Exterior
Charcoal Black Leather with Camel Inserts
Eddie Bauer Convenience Package
3rd Row Power Package
Class III/IV Trailer Tow Package
18" chrome-clad aluminum wheels
Power moonroof
1 owner

I really wanted an old(er) school frame based Explorer and after reading up on Edmunds and then this forum, I targeted 2008 - 2010 4x4
The V8 was not my initial 1st choice, being a bit eco conscious. but after reading on the rear chain guides on the 4.0 and finding that the 8 was much smoother, more powerful and had a slight edge in economy, I was sold, especially with its link to the Mustang GT V8. (my 1st car was a '68 'stang vert with the 289)

I had a 2000 Chevy Blazer Trailblazer edition 4x4 some years back; which I loved, and think I'll feel the same on this guy

Up next is a thorough detail, though it is really clean and the leather is in near new shape.

The only mods I'm thinking of is going to the 17" Machined-Aluminum wheels from the XLT Appearance Package and dropping in a Pioneer AVIC-W8400NEX navigation receiver, a dash and backup cam, and the iDatalink Maestro to bring its tech up to (and past) current receivers. Being able to display a lot of Torque Pro style info on it is the icing...

It has a CAPA front grill on it, which I think is really cool looking (see pic) less chrome and it fits right in with the black body. I'll pull the thick steering cover off, already checked the leather underneath and its in great shape.
My_2009_Explorer_EB_V8_4X4.jpg

My_2009_Explorer_EB_V8_4X4_interior.jpg

Welcome, nice looking Explorer.

Back