• Register Today It's free!

New to me

Kidd7

Reaction score
City, State
RTP, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X AWD EB 5L
I found a 2000 Explorer that I'm going to pick up tomorrow. Eddie Bauer AWD V-8 w/ 162K on the clock. I'll post some updates once I have her home. My wife and I will spend most of the day driving (~8 hours total), but I think it's totally worth it.
00t0t_kdTgS04N1oHz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found a 2000 Explorer that I'm going to pick up tomorrow. Eddie Bauer AWD V-8 w/ 162K on the clock. I'll post some updates once I have her home. My wife and I will spend most of the day driving (~8 hours total), but I think it's totally worth it.
View attachment 431241
looks like a nice X!!!!! any mod plans? :p

Good looking Eddie Bauer. Those 5.0s will go forever, mine is just a tick away from 200,000 miles and I have NOT been kind to it. LoL

That looks great! Same color combo as the one I almost bought before Christmas! Very nice!

Got her home last night. Attached are some pics from the CL add. It was about 260 miles and she drove great. The front sway bar bushing are worn, so those will be replaced soon. The front upper and lower ball joints have been recently replaced, not sure if whole control arms or just the ball joints, will be going over all that. The rear bumper is pushed in, I'll be checking that out this weekend and thinking I'll get bumper mounts, etc from the junk yard at some point. The sun roof cover fabric is falling off some, but the rest of the headliner is good. I want to add some ventvisors. Other than that, Drive her. I think she's got every option that was available.

00B0B_GZzgjVea3tz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 00C0C_3FwLjA0Qi1Oz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 00G0G_4N1CqvkaR35z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 00k0k_aOUyx12lju6z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 00L0L_eeHH7UE4ie7z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg 00t0t_kdTgS04N1oHz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 00V0V_1AEJErLJK2rz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 01212_4FuodUx2NRCz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 01212_bsSJdO4M8ciz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 01414_7iUqZ6F4AFqz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Excellent truck, congratulations.

Got under ol' Red last night before the rain. The front bushings are worn, which I knew already. The upper and lower ball joins are new, although it does not look like the lower control arms have been replaced, I'll jack it up at some point to check out the LCA bushings.
The shackles are somewhat rusted, those are on the to do list. Are the leaf spring bushings available?
There is also some rust on the leaf spring brackets where the shocks mount.
I'll be heading to the junk yard to see what I can find.

Got under ol' Red last night before the rain. The front bushings are worn, which I knew already. The upper and lower ball joins are new, although it does not look like the lower control arms have been replaced, I'll jack it up at some point to check out the LCA bushings.
The shackles are somewhat rusted, those are on the to do list. Are the leaf spring bushings available?
There is also some rust on the leaf spring brackets where the shocks mount.
I'll be heading to the junk yard to see what I can find.
theres a sticky on the leaf bushings in the stock 2g section... i say if ya doin the bushings theow on some warrior shackles and crank em bars ;) always on board for any lift!

The upper control arms are one piece, so you can't replace just the ball joints. The lower can replace just the ball joint. Sounds like they did some front end work for you.

Good find.

the passenger side UCA is two piece, but we know what you meant........ cannot remove just the UBJ

VERY clean truck
Does it have the air ride shocks? front and back?

You cannot beat a 2000 Eddie V8!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the best of the best

The 99-01's had the rear ARC option on all models, but it was only a rear leveling air shock system. I rewired my 99 and added that, I liked it a lot for hauling loads.

Yes like Don said air leveling on the rear. Bilstein shocks up front.

the arc is really nice for that kind of stuff but as they age (24 years by now ish) they start to develop leaks after a bit. so depends on how long you plan to keep it, personally i had air shocks out back that i pumped with a compressor when needed. granted those too can develop leaks but muc easier and cheaper to diagnose/fix. just my 2c

Back