• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

New to the crew

ScooterDorsey

Reaction score
City, State
Drakesboro
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
Been looking for the right explorer at the right time and finally found mine. A tricoat red 2000 Explorer XLT in amazing shape for its age. I'm planning A daily driver restoration although after fixing most of its issues with a can of lithium spray grease the only things really left to do is the ever pain in the rump front diff leak and new front door trim panels along with a few minor tweaks and changes. I hope to share the journey and look forward to any advice ahead of time. I would also like to add that I'm a retired ASE master collision tech with many years of experience focused on refinishing suspension and structural damage that I hope can be a benefit to the forum. Please feel free to stop in and say hi anytime.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

509Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Leavenworth, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, Explorer XLT AWD V8
Been looking for the right explorer at the right time and finally found mine. A tricoat red 2000 Explorer XLT in amazing shape for its age. I'm planning A daily driver restoration although after fixing most of its issues with a can of lithium spray grease the only things really left to do is the ever pain in the rump front diff leak and new front door trim panels along with a few minor tweaks and changes. I hope to share the journey and look forward to any advice ahead of time. I would also like to add that I'm a retired ASE master collision tech with many years of experience focused on refinishing suspension and structural damage that I hope can be a benefit to the forum. Please feel free to stop in and say hi anytime.
Hey! Welcome! I am pretty new here, I'm also working on a 2000 xlt with similar intentions. Let me know if you have any questions, I have worked on a couple of explorers

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Glad to have you on our forum:chug:

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Toms River, NJ / Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
Welcome.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars