New to the forum and to the explorer; Headlight issue and acceleration issue on 94 explorer limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the forum and to the explorer; Headlight issue and acceleration issue on 94 explorer limited

MonroeExplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Limited
Hello all, First time here, dumped my Land Rover for an explorer and cant say I haven't been happier. So now to my problem on my 94 Explorer Limited, My headlight do not work, the running lights do. I can turn the bright lights on when I pull the turn signal towards me, otherwise they don't work what-so-ever, I was thinking the multi-switch could be bad, but unsure. It does have the auto lamp feature/frustration and was thinking it could also be a relay, yet I cannot find one. Is there another place besides the distro. box in the engine compartment it is located? Also, I have a connector on the harness by the left headlight that doesn't go to anything, what is it supposed to go to? And finally, I have poor acceleration, When I put the 'petal to the metal' it stutters and rpms drop. I gave it a tune-up and some seafoam in the tank and it sounds and starts better, but still the same issue. I was thinking TPS, but want to get some other ideas b4 I open my wallet at start throwing cash at it. Thanks guys and gals!

Alrighty then new TPS and much better ride and drive, but the kickdown needs adjusting, i saw on another post to press half moon thing, but I cannot find it, maybe not on this year of explorer? How do I adjust the kickdown

Alrighty then new TPS and much better ride and drive, but the kickdown needs adjusting, i saw on another post to press half moon thing, but I cannot find it, maybe not on this year of explorer? How do I adjust the kickdown

Here's the thread/post that "says" how to do it. : http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/trans-not-shifting.243638/#post-2192755

And another post where it shows a picture of what @BrooklynBay is talking about in the above post: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/92-a4ld-kickdown-cable-qs.216090/#post-1942549

As for the headlight.. I've work on or physically seen an explorer with DRL so I can't help with that...

~Mark

Back