• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

new to the forum tell me what u think

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
hello iam new here and i thought i would say hello. i have a 98 explorer sport and i was doing the fuel pump today after it sitting for over a year. here are a few crappy pic's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
iam having a couple problems that i thought you guys would be able to help with. first off the front dosent hold air well and by that i mean after about a couple hours the front goes down then like overnight the back goes down. and i have a 5 gallon tank and 2 pumps and it takes so long for the bags to fill up, should i look into a second tank or better compressor?i will get the size of the pumps tomorrow.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
yea let us know what compressors you are running I can help you figure out a better fill time. The leaking could be a couple problems the fittings are not sealed correctly or if your tank pressure drops the valves will backfeed into the tank, best bet is to install some check valves after the tank and before your fill valve if your tank leaks.

Oh yea and welcome to the forums! nice to see more bagged explorers popping up!

MrQ

Smokey the Clutch is, Missed Shift You Did
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB, '93 Limited
Nice ride

Every time I see bagged Explorers I am amazed by how low these members take them. Even though I don't care for the look, I can appreciate the work that people put into them to make them what they are...

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
thanks for the help guys how much are check valves?and how many do you need for the system?i will go look at my explorer and get the model numbers of the pumps and take some more pic and see what you guys think here are a couple crappy pics that i took from my cell phone

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
North augusta, South carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
the compressors could deff. account for the slow fill time! i would recomend trying out a set of viair 380's or 480s. also i agree with slammedx, check valves are a great and wise investment. i have them on both my trucks. i've ran viairs for the past 4 years and i love em. well worth the money.

welcome to the forums!

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
yea, you can run another compressor as long as you have an unused port on your tank.

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
would i have to upgrade the wiring or am i better off getting a better set of compressors?how hard is it to just add a 3rd compressor?thanks

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Couldnt the leakage or w/e be from the bags too?

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
Couldnt the leakage or w/e be from the bags too?
yea your right i will check the bags also with some soap and water, but it just fills up slow as hell like over 5 mins and when its all the way down it takes more then one time of hitting the fill switch to pop it up. also how do you deal w/ the bumpy ride in the front?can you just install some shoucks and make it a smother ride? thanks for the help

Last edited:

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
i'd probably just buy a dual pack of compressors and redo all the wireing to be honest. better safe than sorry.

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
i'd probably just buy a dual pack of compressors and redo all the wireing to be honest. better safe than sorry.
ok sounds good what would you think the best bang for the buck is?and yes i still have the back seats and it looks good just a little bit of hacking, it has tubs in the rear. i will take some pic's later on today thanks everyone for the help

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
on my explorer i have two viair 480s and i love them, they are a little on the expensive side but worth it. on my sonoma i have two 380s and they are just a good, little slower on the fill time but great never the less.

either is a great choice. its up to you. i wanna see your back seat too!!!

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
yea your right i will check the bags also with some soap and water, but it just fills up slow as hell like over 5 mins and when its all the way down it takes more then one time of hitting the fill switch to pop it up. also how do you deal w/ the bumpy ride in the front?can you just install some shoucks and make it a smother ride? thanks for the help
Well besides the compressors that could be it too...your filling them up, and some of the airs going right back out lol, but im not a bag or front end expert, im pretty sure you cant make it any smoother, like they say... "Beauty is pain" LOL

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
nice x u got there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
i got some pics today, sorry for the mess in the back thats from me doing the fuel pump.