new to the forum tell me what u think | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new to the forum tell me what u think

wheres your radio? lol

she looks like she needs some heavy cleanin :p

my 92 does too though haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea those compressors you have are probably the 2 slowest comps on the market. Also I see you have compression fittings. I have never had any luck with those and allways run PTC(push to connect) fittings with a good thread sealer preferably loctite 545.

Viair compressors are the way to go especially the 480 dual pack. Top of the line compressors. http://www.illusivefabrications.com/html/modules.php?name=catalog&file=index&cPath=28_46 if you cant afford the 480s then I would suggest the 380s. both run at 200 psi which will give you a longer play time with a given tank size and more lift if your making out at 150psi now. Air Zenith compressors have had way to many issues in the past for me to reccomend. I do not have any experiance witht he new AZ except for the fact they are pretty expensive.

Slam specialties are the best bags on the market the RE series is plenty for what you need. all the higher rated slam bags are for hopping with high pressure. The new airlift Dominators are also good bags. Be sure not to confuse them with the chassis tech Denominator ii bag. its basically a cheep copy. Firestone and Contitech are also good bags but they don't get the lift slam specialties or dominators do.

Another thing I notice is thats the compressors dont have the factory leader hoses on them which most have a stainless line with a check valve in line. The check valve between the comp and the tank prevents air from backflowing or leaking out the head of the comp.

Also did you bag the truck or buy it bagged? That 2 link on the rear suspension is going to be a killer on your driveline.

Likin' it. Totally different direction than what my Sport is headed, but still sweet. Any plans on paint, or more custom work? I could see it with some tribal like tri-tone action. black, green, silver....or w/e, even just blacked out would be sweet.

yea those compressors you have are probably the 2 slowest comps on the market. Also I see you have compression fittings. I have never had any luck with those and allways run PTC(push to connect) fittings with a good thread sealer preferably loctite 545.

Viair compressors are the way to go especially the 480 dual pack. Top of the line compressors. http://www.illusivefabrications.com/html/modules.php?name=catalog&file=index&cPath=28_46 if you cant afford the 480s then I would suggest the 380s. both run at 200 psi which will give you a longer play time with a given tank size and more lift if your making out at 150psi now. Air Zenith compressors have had way to many issues in the past for me to reccomend. I do not have any experiance witht he new AZ except for the fact they are pretty expensive.

Slam specialties are the best bags on the market the RE series is plenty for what you need. all the higher rated slam bags are for hopping with high pressure. The new airlift Dominators are also good bags. Be sure not to confuse them with the chassis tech Denominator ii bag. its basically a cheep copy. Firestone and Contitech are also good bags but they don't get the lift slam specialties or dominators do.

Another thing I notice is thats the compressors dont have the factory leader hoses on them which most have a stainless line with a check valve in line. The check valve between the comp and the tank prevents air from backflowing or leaking out the head of the comp.

Also did you bag the truck or buy it bagged? That 2 link on the rear suspension is going to be a killer on your driveline.

thanks for all the help, i bought the truck already bagged and then it sat for a couple years and now iam trying to fix it to get it back on the road, i have 1000 bucks to get it back on the road but it dosent seem top be too much, i was thinking about getting a new set of dual compressors and putting in a check valve like you said. but i have to check out the front and the leak situation. thanks again oh also where is the best/cheapest place to get the compressors?

wanna sell those rims :p

well i was about to order some new bags and compressors this week, what do you guys think of the viair 480c dual pack?how fast are these compared to some firesone compressors? thanks a lot

48032_kit.jpg

thats the exact same thing i have in my explorer, on 2 five gallon tanks, i wouldnt choose any other brand to be honest bro. viair is the way to go in my book.

how long would it take a dual pack to fill a lil 3 or 5 gallon tank compared to these pumps i have on there now? and how much of a greater lift are the slam to firestone? thanks

122708122.jpg

122708118.jpg

122708107.jpg

some more ranbom pic's

122708132.jpg

122708134.jpg

122708138.jpg

122708130.jpg

122708119.jpg

122708150.jpg

122708156.jpg

122708149.jpg

122708148.jpg

Holy s
Thats my buddys old truck
What happend to all the tvs it had
And that air ride is at least 6 years old

Holy s
Thats my buddys old truck
What happend to all the tvs it had
And that air ride is at least 6 years old

yea your probably right, someone broke into the truck and jacked almost all the tv's and it has been sitting for a while so i thought it was time to get her back on the streets, iam ordering new bags and new compressors. i got it form some guy in LA he was a cool guy.ive had this truck for a few years now.

well i got a few things in the mail today so i will install them this weekend or sooner hopefully i will get more pic's later. also i took my valve cover off and sent it away to get a carbon fiber one made so we will see how that comes out.

122708158.jpg

122708159.jpg

122708157.jpg

well i got some work done this weekend i had to fab up a mounting plate becuse the new compressors were to big and i mad it on a hinge so its serviceable, and i got the rear bags done so i just need to do the front and go buy a couple fittings for the back.

122708161.jpg

122708165.jpg

122708166.jpg

122708167.jpg

122708167.jpg

122708169.jpg

122708170.jpg

make sure you use the hardware that came with the Viair compressors I can not stess that fact enough. If you have any warranty issues ever it may create an issue.

i will do. i finished up the back end tonight and i got everything plumbed up and wired correctly, and ran the intakes into the cab away from dirt and water, so all i have left is to do the front end tomorrow when i get out of school. oh and i need to go buy some shocks and shock mounts and install some shocks in the front end, let me know if you see anything wrong or anything i can do better. my only problem now is the pumps rattle but there so much quiter then my previous pumps, thanks for the help guys

Well I finished up the Explorer and went on a test drive and a line blew out of the fitting when I hit a bump. The new compressors are nice and fast kinda crazy when I lift it tho it pops up so fast so I need to fix that and also I need to install some shocks in the front becuse the ride feels so ****ty. Also there is a leak in the rear end some where becuse the pumps come on some times out of nowhere and I need to install a switch to it. and the new bags are nice they lift the car a lot more then they did before i will get some pics tomorrow, oh and i got a cd player and amp and a 15'' sub.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, like a lot of guys on here say, not my thing but that's pretty wild, I've never taken a close look at a bagged truck. I have a very similar air lift setup in my super duty over the leaves for additional support so I know some of the fun in searching for leaks and whatnot.

Back