New Tracking Toy | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

New Tracking Toy

NJDave

Reaction score
City, State
Lopatcong, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Hi All, I have been anxiously waiting for my explorer to arrive, but its a dealer stock order so the retail tracking site wont work.

After some searching I came across a mustang forum with a post where you can get the raw JSON on the status, if you are savy try it out.

"Ford Vehicle Order Tracking" for oversea

Further down the page someone posted a german tracking site, which lets you enter a VIN.

Mustang Tracker - ModernMuscleCars.de

Both outputs are in sync with what my sales rep has told me, this now lets me track it myself instead of asking him every 48 hours.

Enjoy!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CaptRapt

Reaction score
City, State
Great Falls, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST SW
Sweet! Thanks for this. Short cut the code to a label on my phone home screen. Looks like an app. Now I can hit it every 30 seconds and still watch nothing change. :hammer:

<

crozdub115

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Works for Lincoln's as well. I can track my 6/26 build that's been 'in production' since then, and hasn't had any update in 5 weeks.

<

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
This is great!

Any ideas what "Status: Returned from Offsite" means? I had a status of "Waiting for transport" a while back, and i'm back to "Primary status: In Production"
I'm worried it was pulled from a train yard lot for some reason (i.e Recall inspection) and now it's going to be delayed (more than it already is...)

I'll keep checking....

<

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
Works for Lincoln's as well. I can track my 6/26 build that's been 'in production' since then, and hasn't had any update in 5 weeks.

Ugh, yours was built on 6/26 and still no delivery? Mine was built 7/19 and i'm chomping at the bit...

<

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
This is great!

Any ideas what "Status: Returned from Offsite" means? I had a status of "Waiting for transport" a while back, and i'm back to "Primary status: In Production"
I'm worried it was pulled from a train yard lot for some reason (i.e Recall inspection) and now it's going to be delayed (more than it already is...)

I'll keep checking....

It was sent offsite for repair or inspection and then returned back to the factory.

<

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve

Many 2020 Explorers were transported from Chicago to Ford's Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan for inspection and rework. The "Returned from Offsite" status likely means that your Explorer has been returned from Flat Rock to Chicago. This is exactly what happened to my 2020 Explorer, and my Explorer's status is the same as yours.

<

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
Sweet! Thanks for this. Short cut the code to a label on my phone home screen. Looks like an app. Now I can hit it every 30 seconds and still watch nothing change. :hammer:

Care to share that shortcut? I tried to build one and while it works, I bet yours has more comprehensive results. Cheers!

<

GeoTracker

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Care to share that shortcut? I tried to build one and while it works, I bet yours has more comprehensive results. Cheers!
  1. Open Safari. It's a blue app with a compass icon on it.
  2. Search for a page you wish to save. ...
  3. Tap the "Share" button. ...
  4. Scroll right and tap Add to Home Screen. ...
  5. Type in a new name for your shortcut if you wish. ...
  6. Tap Add.

<

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve
It appears that Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking website isn't working today. When I enter my VIN, I get an error message saying it's not a valid USA Ford VIN.

The first link in post #1 above doesn't deliver useful data either, while the German Mustang Tracker utility still seems to work.

Maybe Ford is updating their tracking system?

<

Will3

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
It appears that Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking website isn't working today. When I enter my VIN, I get an error message saying it's not a valid USA Ford VIN. The first link in post #1 above doesn't deliver useful data either, while the German Mustang Tracker utility still seems to work. Maybe Ford is updating their tracking system?

Same for me, except the German tracker also didn't work.

<

NJDave

Reaction score
City, State
Lopatcong, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Somethings up, my VIN doesnt work anymore either and I took delivery last week.

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
A VIN doesn't stay available for viewing for long after a vehicle has been delivered. It has been mentioned here already.

Peter

<

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
  1. Open Safari. It's a blue app with a compass icon on it.
  2. Search for a page you wish to save. ...
  3. Tap the "Share" button. ...
  4. Scroll right and tap Add to Home Screen. ...
  5. Type in a new name for your shortcut if you wish. ...
  6. Tap Add.

Oh thanks. I thought you meant that you used the Shortcuts app to parse the JSON and spit back some status values. That’s what I did and e

<

GeoTracker

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Oh thanks. I thought you meant that you used the Shortcuts app to parse the JSON and spit back some status values. That’s what I did and e
I did not mess with the JSON, just added the German Mustang Database page with my VIN already entered and ready to update. Provides the production status plus link to the Window Sticker on one page. I use an iPhone.

<

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve
All tracking sites are working again this morning, but my 2020 Explorer status remains "In Production."

Ford must have taken their tracking service offline yesterday.

<

jtoman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tyler Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
And mine still in Transit over 30 days. A used car by time it arrives!
What’s disappointing is the 0 Communication from Ford and my dealership. No idea when it will arrive. Build date 6/26/ and not on recall list. So where is it ?

<

jtoman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tyler Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Window sticker updated last week and notice Build date removed. Anyone understand numbers at top of page?

6E82447F-B951-4240-860C-C9D0879F359C.png

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Check the thread on the Window Sticker description. Not sure if it will help.

Peter

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

TonyST

Reaction score
City, State
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KW4WO
Window sticker updated last week and notice Build date removed. Anyone understand numbers at top of page?

View attachment 172927

My ST was supposed to be built on 6/28, was actually built on 7/16 and has been "In Production" and "Sent Offsite" since then with no information. I have not been able to see my window sticker for at least 2 weeks now. I am thoroughly disgusted with Ford at their amazing lack of communication about this delay. In this day in age where information is everywhere on everything there is no excuse for them not communicating with those of us that have ordered a $50k to $60k vehicle from them! Lets storm the CAP! :)

<