• Register Today It's free!

New Tracking Toy

NJDave

Reaction score
City, State
Lopatcong, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Hi All, I have been anxiously waiting for my explorer to arrive, but its a dealer stock order so the retail tracking site wont work.

After some searching I came across a mustang forum with a post where you can get the raw JSON on the status, if you are savy try it out.

"Ford Vehicle Order Tracking" for oversea

Further down the page someone posted a german tracking site, which lets you enter a VIN.

Mustang Tracker - ModernMuscleCars.de

Both outputs are in sync with what my sales rep has told me, this now lets me track it myself instead of asking him every 48 hours.

Enjoy!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet! Thanks for this. Short cut the code to a label on my phone home screen. Looks like an app. Now I can hit it every 30 seconds and still watch nothing change. :hammer:

Works for Lincoln's as well. I can track my 6/26 build that's been 'in production' since then, and hasn't had any update in 5 weeks.

This is great!

Any ideas what "Status: Returned from Offsite" means? I had a status of "Waiting for transport" a while back, and i'm back to "Primary status: In Production"
I'm worried it was pulled from a train yard lot for some reason (i.e Recall inspection) and now it's going to be delayed (more than it already is...)

I'll keep checking....

Works for Lincoln's as well. I can track my 6/26 build that's been 'in production' since then, and hasn't had any update in 5 weeks.

Ugh, yours was built on 6/26 and still no delivery? Mine was built 7/19 and i'm chomping at the bit...

This is great!

Any ideas what "Status: Returned from Offsite" means? I had a status of "Waiting for transport" a while back, and i'm back to "Primary status: In Production"
I'm worried it was pulled from a train yard lot for some reason (i.e Recall inspection) and now it's going to be delayed (more than it already is...)

I'll keep checking....

It was sent offsite for repair or inspection and then returned back to the factory.

Many 2020 Explorers were transported from Chicago to Ford's Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan for inspection and rework. The "Returned from Offsite" status likely means that your Explorer has been returned from Flat Rock to Chicago. This is exactly what happened to my 2020 Explorer, and my Explorer's status is the same as yours.

Sweet! Thanks for this. Short cut the code to a label on my phone home screen. Looks like an app. Now I can hit it every 30 seconds and still watch nothing change. :hammer:

Care to share that shortcut? I tried to build one and while it works, I bet yours has more comprehensive results. Cheers!

Care to share that shortcut? I tried to build one and while it works, I bet yours has more comprehensive results. Cheers!
  1. Open Safari. It's a blue app with a compass icon on it.
  2. Search for a page you wish to save. ...
  3. Tap the "Share" button. ...
  4. Scroll right and tap Add to Home Screen. ...
  5. Type in a new name for your shortcut if you wish. ...
  6. Tap Add.

It appears that Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking website isn't working today. When I enter my VIN, I get an error message saying it's not a valid USA Ford VIN.

The first link in post #1 above doesn't deliver useful data either, while the German Mustang Tracker utility still seems to work.

Maybe Ford is updating their tracking system?

It appears that Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking website isn't working today. When I enter my VIN, I get an error message saying it's not a valid USA Ford VIN. The first link in post #1 above doesn't deliver useful data either, while the German Mustang Tracker utility still seems to work. Maybe Ford is updating their tracking system?

Same for me, except the German tracker also didn't work.

Somethings up, my VIN doesnt work anymore either and I took delivery last week.

A VIN doesn't stay available for viewing for long after a vehicle has been delivered. It has been mentioned here already.

Peter

1. Open Safari. It's a blue app with a compass icon on it.
  2. Search for a page you wish to save. ...
  3. Tap the "Share" button. ...
  4. Scroll right and tap Add to Home Screen. ...
  5. Type in a new name for your shortcut if you wish. ...
  6. Tap Add.

Oh thanks. I thought you meant that you used the Shortcuts app to parse the JSON and spit back some status values. That’s what I did and e

Oh thanks. I thought you meant that you used the Shortcuts app to parse the JSON and spit back some status values. That’s what I did and e
I did not mess with the JSON, just added the German Mustang Database page with my VIN already entered and ready to update. Provides the production status plus link to the Window Sticker on one page. I use an iPhone.

All tracking sites are working again this morning, but my 2020 Explorer status remains "In Production."

Ford must have taken their tracking service offline yesterday.

And mine still in Transit over 30 days. A used car by time it arrives!
What’s disappointing is the 0 Communication from Ford and my dealership. No idea when it will arrive. Build date 6/26/ and not on recall list. So where is it ?

Window sticker updated last week and notice Build date removed. Anyone understand numbers at top of page?

6E82447F-B951-4240-860C-C9D0879F359C.png

Check the thread on the Window Sticker description. Not sure if it will help.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Window sticker updated last week and notice Build date removed. Anyone understand numbers at top of page?

View attachment 172927

My ST was supposed to be built on 6/28, was actually built on 7/16 and has been "In Production" and "Sent Offsite" since then with no information. I have not been able to see my window sticker for at least 2 weeks now. I am thoroughly disgusted with Ford at their amazing lack of communication about this delay. In this day in age where information is everywhere on everything there is no excuse for them not communicating with those of us that have ordered a $50k to $60k vehicle from them! Lets storm the CAP! :)

Back