NEW TRUCK! 2003 Explorer, (still have my 1995...) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW TRUCK! 2003 Explorer, (still have my 1995...)

4FordFamily

Been there done that
Reaction score
City, State
Fishers, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Sport, 08, other ford
Well, I got sick of my 1995 Explorer breaking down, at 200k it's becomming a pain. It's always been a "fix it" vehicle, but it was my first car and I loved it. Why you ask would I buy another explorer? Because I think most of the reason my truck screwed up was because of how badly I treated it when I was younger, now I'm almost 23 and just finished my first semester of college, so I needed a reliable 4x4 as I'm in northern indiana in Fort Wayne.

Color isn't something I'd usually choose, but the dealer wanted "9,999" for the truck, (I used to work at a dealership) I ended up getting the truck for my 1000 dollar trade in (1000 is what I had in the car) and 3800. I got 2000 for the trade-in (which is more than I bought it for obviously).

It's a 2003 Explorer XLT. All options except (for an XLT) except leather and heated seats.

I call it "Olive Oil" because of the wierd color, I've owned over 40 cars since I was 16 (I flipped cars) but never a car this strange of a color, over half were white.... pretty partial to white/black/silver. Anyway, here it is.

2003Explorer1.jpg

2003Explorer2.jpg

2003Explorer3.jpg

Future Mods: (Will be mostly stock)
- 6000K HID headlights & foglights
- clear corners
- Tinted tail lights
- small stereo, 2 12's, 1000 watt amp... don't need a stereo like in my old truck.
- window tint

That's it, then my truck will be complete.

This is my old explorer (that I still have but I am selling)
Explorer24s.jpg

NEWWANGS.jpg

And here's my charger show car: Barely driven, no time anymore.

l_d3701e01717a492397539ac98b5e2f8a.png

I'm also a member of chargerforums. I'm a ford truck guy, but not been in to ford cars... but the new taurus IS pretty nice. Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anybody else have this color?

nice x and be sure to post pics of it when u finish modding it

anybody else have this color?

I do... Looks pretty much identical, except mines an '04, doesm't have the panelling on the bottom of the doors, and it's got leather and the 3rd row seating.

I kind of like the color, much better then some of the less metallic, more solid greens out there.

I do... Looks pretty much identical, except mines an '04, doesm't have the panelling on the bottom of the doors, and it's got leather and the 3rd row seating.

I kind of like the color, much better then some of the less metallic, more solid greens out there.

I have 3rd row, but no leather

jutgin has the same color, but he painted the trim black

truck001.jpg

jutgin has the same color, but he painted the trim black

truck001.jpg

does anybody notice the face in the rear wheel well of that picture? WTF is that?

now im trippin

a reflection..... there is no metal under there to have a reflection like that, only plastic pieces.....that is so wierd......

its a ghost! lmao!!

no.. im just messin around :D

AHHH A GHOST! seriously though wtf is that lots of detail

Truck is totally different now! (a bit over a month later) check other threads or avatar! :D

It is a reflection, the pastic is slightly twisted producing the shine while the rest is back. what looks like an eye is a bolt or something of that sort.

Well, I got sick of my 1995 Explorer breaking down,

Congrats! Now you got a third gen that's gonna be breaking down all the time... LOL :D

I keep thinking to myself... eventually I'll replace everything, then there'll be nothing left to replace....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back