New Tube Bumper | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Tube Bumper

Looks Sweet! What are you using to bend it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think he's using a tube bender. :D j/k man.. i had to.

jasonb said:
LOL, i was gunna say the same thing, actuall we found an old wheel(s) we have different sizes for different radius bends, like we got a 13" a 14" a 15" i think a 16" and we heat teh pipe up and take a BFH and bend it that way:smoke:

HE has a pipe bender he got off ebay, not anythign fancy its a cheap one, but hey it gets done what we need, we/i hope tp get one of the better ones oneday..... but this one gets by, its bent his frame for his Mini Chopper, it does the smaller pipe find, but the bigger stuff like the 2" Pipe we used it gets a little hateful but we got it done...

jasonb said:

LOL i had that comin!

Well when i borrow my bros cam, since mien got stolen, here is one shot if it nearly complete its in the painting stages, jsut gotta wait to get more paint, which requires me dragging one of my parents to the store, Bloody peopel think im gunan huff the 5$ a can spray paint, if i wanted to huff spray paint id buy the cheap 99 cent cans....

I ended up goign with the prerunner look, But with a twist instead of how the prerunenrs point out towards the front this oen jsut goes straight up and down. I like it... Main reason for not makign it stick out.... Easier to work on the never ending always breakign motor. If it stuck out i would have to climb up on the bumper and be all unconfortable or lean over this tubing sticking way out...

Attachments

• CP!!!!!!!.JPG
    CP!!!!!!!.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 437

OH man you should have put a reciever smack in the middle of those two tubes, unless you are planning to mount a winch tray.

I think Duff has a GREAT design for their bumpers, copy that :)
I couldnt be happier with the looks and strength of my Duff bumpers! and the price holy moley I got both for under $400 shipped to me, but that was when they first came out, now they are double that I think...

EDIT: Sorry I posted before I saw page two...looking good!!!
Different for sure!

Oh and Clint built a pretty good bumper for his Navajo, HVAC man...
Now that you have one under your belt, the sky is the limit :)

Well i have been thinking of a way to mount a Winch, i Cant afford one right now unless i find a GREAT deal on one, but i have the design in my head, and it requires some chopping of the front end, IE: Grill the filelr panel below it, But i dont care if i have to chop the body any more..... Im jsut stuck, Roller or the one thats not a ROller(forgot the name) seems to be like Hawse or soemtihng....

And this bumper is incredibily Strong....

I like, looks good Kid.

Looks great man!

Im jsut stuck, Roller or the one thats not a ROller(forgot the name) seems to be like Hawse or soemtihng....

you lost me - you talking about fairleads? hawse and roller. i bought a roller for mine but wish i just kept it simple with a hawse.

BUCHVILLEMAN said:
Looks great man!

you lost me - you talking about fairleads? hawse and roller. i bought a roller for mine but wish i just kept it simple with a hawse.

Yea i was talkign bout the fairleads, sorry forgot to mention that

Thanks!

looks good man. you gonna put hooks or d-rings? can see some big ole daylighters on there too! you painting silver?

very good job :chug:

Was gunan put d-rings on, but decided not to, i alrteady have two hooks, its got 4 light tabs, and i already have 2 lights, not daylighters, but hella 500's, ill upgrade to Daylighters later.....

and its painted the same as my grill, black with mettalic....

later

Wow! Looks really good kid.

Very Nice!!
:bounce:

Need yalls opion...... Im thinking of removing the red bar(see picture belowe) i think its some filler plate. Does it have any thig nto do with strucure? i know its bolts to both fenders. Thinkinf of removing it and moving the Bumper up higher. But one of my concerns is the Top hoop(the yellow box) i dont want it to be to high. Do yall think i should jsut leave it like it is. Or Riase it up? I guess if i dont like it, i could always Lower it back, but thats alot of work for sormtihng, if yall could jsut tell me now wether yall think it would look good or like crap :p

Attachments

• bumperdone2question.JPG
    bumperdone2question.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 368

First of all, why do you want to remove it? Do you want to take it off even if you don't move the bumper up? It aint structural man. 1 bolt on each fender, and one in the middle bolted to the core support(i think). Once I get some time from all the other crap I have to do on the rig, I will take it off. Mine is rattling like all hell cuz the only bolt holding it on is the middle one, due to me puttin on the glass fenders.

take it off if you don't like it, but I think the bumper is cool like it is, and will protect your rig better offroad and also on the road. The more you move it up the better your approach angle will be, as long as nuthin else is in the way, so keep that in mind.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back