New Update!!!! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Update!!!!

hello new 16 Limited. is there a tune for me? is it worth it? btw don't have access above 91oct.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello new 16 Limited. is there a tune for me? is it worth it? btw don't have access above 91oct.
thanks

Yes, there is and it's totally worth it!! I had the 89 tune for two weeks cause of "cleaning" gas tank and it was amazing it was a complete different feeling. I'm now running the 93 tune and it's just out of this world. Contact LMS, they'll take care of you!

thanks

There is one for NA explorer. I think it bump up your NA explorer to sport power level. If you have 2.3 ecoboost you don't hav3 any options right now

Livernois version 5 93 performance 3 bar tune installed. Slushy roads, so took it easy driving to work this morning.

Thanks Anthony for hooking me up with the latest tune!

I will try v5 this weekend too. I've had a problem with v4 where it will bounce off the rev limiter at the top of 2nd gear a few times before shifting into 3rd... will see if it fixes that.

I will try v5 this weekend too. I've had a problem with v4 where it will bounce off the rev limiter at the top of 2nd gear a few times before shifting into 3rd... will see if it fixes that.

I had the same problem, so now I don't floor it off the line. Going to try V3 and see how it is. Glad to know that I am not alone. Although, after running it hard for a bit with V4 I noticed rubber strings on the doors, from spinning the tires. So I wonder if I was bounding off the rev limited due to tire spin. Still investigating.

Email request sent for V5!!!!

V4 feels better than v5.

V4 feels torqueier. But for daily driving v5 is better for the mrs.

Per LMS, the V5 is not supposed to be an improved, stronger update. It is meant to address a specific issue (full throttle hesitation). If you do not have this issue, they prefer V4. I did not update mine and stuck with V4

I had to update for the 3bar map. It does feel like it lost a little bottom end. The midrange is really impressive . It reaches 100 real quick!

I am running V4 93 Oct 3bar. I had a few emails back and forth with Anthony, this new tune was occasionally hitting redline and bouncing off the limiter. I thought I was having transmission issues at first. When hammering the engine in this new tune you have to turn off traction control. Oddly enough there is some wheelspin going on and limp mode kicks in stopping the upshift to a new gear. V4 is a big power change over V3. I love my Livernois tunes, this truck is a beast.

Per LMS, the V5 is not supposed to be an improved, stronger update. It is meant to address a specific issue (full throttle hesitation). If you do not have this issue, they prefer V4. I did not update mine and stuck with V4

I saw 2 issues with mine using V4 93 or 91 tunes.

1. Full throttle hesitation, but only on the freeway when I kickdown the trans with full throttle to pass (60+ mph).

2. Bounced the rev limiter before shifting to 3rd from a stopped full throttle take off.

After just installing V5 I also installed new plugs gapped at .030". The old plugs still looked good with 20,000 LMS tuned miles on them (tuned at 2,000 miles). Gap did opened a little to .032" on each of the old plugs.

The winter blend fuel may be contributing to these issues, so I may give V4 another try after warmer weather arrives to see if those issues clear up.

V5 shifts better for me. No more banging on upshifts. I doubt if it gets better times compared to v4. [MENTION=234035]Livernois[/MENTION] can we request v4 and v5 tunes together?

I should've listened to Anthony. I emailed you guys again to revert back to v4 93,91,87 performance and v5 93 when I get tired of harder shifts.

I just took a 7hour trip each way using my V4 93 3bar and in drive mode at say 70-80mph when I mashed to the floor to make a high-speed highway pass mine would not upshift for a second or two at redline. I am really worried I might have transmission problems but reverted to OEM this does not happen. OEM also short shifts the gears so I have to think its the V4 tune? Is this similar to what yours was doing and no longer doing it on V5? Oh, and every time I drive the truck I disable Traction control, so that was not causing this shifting issue.

I saw 2 issues with mine using V4 93 or 91 tunes.

1. Full throttle hesitation, but only on the freeway when I kickdown the trans with full throttle to pass (60+ mph).

2. Bounced the rev limiter before shifting to 3rd from a stopped full throttle take off.

After just installing V5 I also installed new plugs gapped at .030". The old plugs still looked good with 20,000 LMS tuned miles on them (tuned at 2,000 miles). Gap did opened a little to .032" on each of the old plugs.

The winter blend fuel may be contributing to these issues, so I may give V4 another try after warmer weather arrives to see if those issues clear up.

The vehicle will never actually allow you to have full control over any stability system. However, that is something that advancetrac still has control over at higher speeds the ECM is far more conservative when high throttle requests are made in conjunction with steering wheel input. That is something that we have addressed with V5, so if you would like to try V5 all we need is a tune update form. That simple.

Tune Update Form

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The vehicle will never actually allow you to have full control over any stability system. However, that is something that advancetrac still has control over at higher speeds the ECM is far more conservative when high throttle requests are made in conjunction with steering wheel input. That is something that we have addressed with V5, so if you would like to try V5 all we need is a tune update form. That simple.

Tune Update Form

Sent thank you!

Back