• Register Today It's free!

New upper arms or not????

diego

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt v8 explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are lift spindles? Only reason i ask is because air bags are typically for lowered trucks, and I've never heard of that company before. They actually don't look like any spindles i've ever seen for these trucks either. To answer your question, you should not need the upper arms, and if you can't get the alignment perfect, there are kits you can get that allow for more adjustment. If you're looking for lift spindles, fabtech, procomp, and doetsch have some (procomp may have discontinued theirs) for the ranger edge that work. There are also higher end companies that offer more expensive kits to improve performance offroad, like camburg with their 6.0 edge kit.

Those say 3" lift kit. I think its just a random picture of a spindle because all the spindles for every truck on that site looks like that, yeah if I had the money the 6.0 would have my name all over it lol. I have heard of doetsch but it always says for explorers 99 and up??? not sure if its true or not. Could someone please post a link to some decent spindles for about 300 to 350 that I can pretty much just bolt on and maybe add new brake lines....And I keep hearing to get new rotors and then not to get new rotors....Im so confused:scratch: I thought that the explorer sport uses the same size rotors as a edge but a 4 door has larger one....right wrong????

OK I think I am finally ready to do this ehhhhh lol

Product # 589830-2
http://www.shocksandsuspension.com/showitems_spindles-dc-5.htm

Will I need new rotors with these???? I have a 2wd 1997 4dr 5.0 explorer haha
Just wanna make sure now so I do go to put them on then have to put my truck back together depressed when I need to buy new rotors :(

Should I buy anything else like ABS cable that are longer, brake lines, ball joints, anything to correct bad camber,

or a first gen explorer lol

jk on the gen 1

You would only need to change the rotors if this were a sport trac. For an explorer the stock rotors will be fine. I see you are in AZ, so there are plenty of people in your area with prerunner rangers, so you could try to find a used set of spindles for an even cheaper price. Don't quote me on this, but i don't think you need new brake lines or ABS cable. Ball joints you shouldn't need to replace either, but if it's been a while it might be a good idea to just do it anyway since your front end will already be apart.

Back