New v3.0 Build Available | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New v3.0 Build Available

Is your setting set up to allow WiFi updating? Is your vehicle in range/connected to your home WiFi when it is parked? There is a report from one member that his updated to19205 over the air.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't care about the update if it didn't fix a problem that I am having. Waze consistently shows my speed 10 to 15% higher than the speedometer does, when connected via Apple Car Play. This known issue was fixed in 19205, if I can ever get it.

Has anyone found a way to get Ford to send the 19205 update to my vehicle account?

Not so surprising they wouldn't know what you're talking about. Probably using help scripts that don't carry that level of detail. They are right that the dealer can push the install for you. It's also possible someone may have direct linked a download package for 3.0.19205 if you look around various Ford forums. I've seen it done in the past for other releases. Have you hooked up to WiFi and run a manual check to see if it pushes the update as expected?

Not so surprising they wouldn't know what you're talking about. Probably using help scripts that don't carry that level of detail. They are right that the dealer can push the install for you. It's also possible someone may have direct linked a download package for 3.0.19205 if you look around various Ford forums. I've seen it done in the past for other releases. Have you hooked up to WiFi and run a manual check to see if it pushes the update as expected?

Yes, the vehicle is connected to WiFi. I have made sure that the engine is running, and in WiFi range, when I check for updates from the head unit. No luck. Tapping on "Check for Updates" causing the spinning circle for a few seconds, and then it just shows the time and date of that update check.

I downloaded the 19205 update from page 2 of this thread. It took a number of tries before I got a zip file that wasn't corrupted. I saw another user had problems with that file too. I am tempted to try and install it. But I am worried that if anything goes wrong, Ford will tell me "we told you that there was no update available for your Sync 3", and charge me to fix it.

Getting the update with Ford's approval would probably make life easier.

Yes, the vehicle is connected to WiFi. I have made sure that the engine is running, and in WiFi range, when I check for updates from the head unit. No luck. Tapping on "Check for Updates" causing the spinning circle for a few seconds, and then it just shows the time and date of that update check.

I downloaded the 19205 update from page 2 of this thread. It took a number of tries before I got a zip file that wasn't corrupted. I saw another user had problems with that file too. I am tempted to try and install it. But I am worried that if anything goes wrong, Ford will tell me "we told you that there was no update available for your Sync 3", and charge me to fix it.

Getting the update with Ford's approval would probably make life easier.

Hmm, not sure why WiFi isn't working in this case. You're likely fine just running the USB update as long as the files weren't corrupted somehow. Even then, you'd get an error from SYNC when you plugged it in to update. If you're leery and still under warranty, the install should be free if you tell the dealer about the issue you have. 3.0.19205 is valid for MY18.

Hmm, not sure why WiFi isn't working in this case. You're likely fine just running the USB update as long as the files weren't corrupted somehow. Even then, you'd get an error from SYNC when you plugged it in to update. If you're leery and still under warranty, the install should be free if you tell the dealer about the issue you have. 3.0.19205 is valid for MY18.

I appreciate the help.

I didn't have any expectations that WiFi would work based on what others have said earlier in this thread.

When I talked to IVT, I asked if I could talk to someone in a higher tier of support. I was told that higher tiers are only for Ford employees. Considering that none of the 3 people that I talked to had ever heard of a Sync build number, I'm not sure what they are able to help customers with. Must be a cushy job when your standard answer is "go to the dealer".

Even if I can update my Sync to 19205 with the file from this thread, I imagine I won't be able to report a successful update XML file to my owner account. That will just put me back at square one when the next update comes out. That's why I am bothered by Ford saying that 17276 is the most recent version for my Explorer. I would love to know how Ford decides who gets build updates.

I guess I have no other option but to go to the dealer and ask for the update.

I appreciate the help....................... I guess I have no other option but to go to the dealer and ask for the update.
That's your best move.

Peter

That's your best move.

Peter

I agree with you on that.

It's just very disappointing that something simple, that I should be able to do in the comfort of my own garage, will require a 40 mile roundtrip to the dealer.

BTW, the IVT tech I spoke to on the phone said that build numbers did not show on her Oasis screen when she was checking for any updates for my Sync 3. That just seemed odd, since I assumed that they would need to know that for updates.

LakeRatTX, did you get to update?

My dealer awhile ago said there was no update for mine to 19205 either. 2 days later I updated it via wifi in my driveway.

"Has anyone found a way to get Ford to send the 19205 update to my vehicle account?"

I'm assuming you've already used the tool where you are prompted to enter your VIN? As said before, you really can't brick your APIM with proper software meant to run on your system, as I identified by your VIN. The update platform (not including WiFi, of course) is pretty robust and will error out unless it goes. Somewhat binary, it works and you're updated or it doesn't and you're rolled back. ***this is not true for the v3.0 to v3.4 discussion intertwined in this thread***

You might check your ford owner site. I just downloaded build 19025 for my Focus. Dealer installed on my Explorer several months back.

Back