• Register Today It's free!

New Wheels and Low Tire Pressure?

reef

Reaction score
City, State
Valdosta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
Hi so I'm assuming nig that after I put on my new wheels that the new ones done have sensors in them like stock. This doesn't bother me. However, my dash keeps displaying the "Low Tire Pressure" warning light that I'd really like to get rid of so I can keep it as clean as possible. Does anyone know of a "plug off" for the sensor or any other way of fooling it into not showing up anymore?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi so I'm assuming nig that after I put on my new wheels that the new ones done have sensors in them like stock. This doesn't bother me. However, my dash keeps displaying the "Low Tire Pressure" warning light that I'd really like to get rid of so I can keep it as clean as possible. Does anyone know of a "plug off" for the sensor or any other way of fooling it into not showing up anymore?

No way to do it as far as I know, other than putting sensors in the new wheels and training them so you don't get the error.

No way to do it as far as I know, other than putting sensors in the new wheels and training them so you don't get the error.

What he said. THis is very irritating and I absolutely despise TPMS.

I have them in all 3 of my Fords, regrettably.

Ironically the Explorer is the reason the industry has TPMS.

I've heard & read about folks putting their sensors in a pressurized piece of PVC pipe. Kind of looks like a pipebomb. I'm not sure if ours require rotation to work, so this might not be an option. Best bet is to get the sensors in the new wheels as mentioned.

Back