New wheels and tires are on, what do ya'll think? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New wheels and tires are on, what do ya'll think?

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
New wheels and tires are on, what do ya'll think? More pictures added today.

I finally was able to park the Trac and do the upper/lower ball joits, axle shaft seals, etc.. and get an alignment to be able to put on my new wheels and tires.

I still need to get to the junkyard and get the other two center caps, they only had two of them at the junkyard by my house.

Here's some pictures I took but I take better ones later once the sun goes down alittle later.

What do ya'll think? They are Good Year Duratrac 33x12.50x15 on Cragar Soft 8 15x8 with 4" b.s..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look awesome!!

Too cool Jerry!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks good! now, black out the cladding, headlights/corner lights, etc!

Looks great.

I plan on painting the cladding, front bumper cover black and making a steel rear bumper with swing out tire carrier eventually when I can get room in my clubs garage.

I like the look of the headlights blacked out but I don't really want to "murder" my ST because that is the big thing around here now is blacking out everything on vehicles and I don't know if I wanna do that or not.

looks great man !!!!!
im impressed !!!

Dude, is that truck nuts hanging off your hitch??

Why yes they are, my Trac likes the song "Big Balls" by AC/DC. Everytime that song comes on the radio it just seems to get a burst of extra horsepower for some reason. lol

When I first got my trac and said I was gonna use it to tow my show truck and other trailers around all my freinds with V8 fullsizes said my Trac was weak and had no balls so after one show's trip over the mountains beating my buddy with a lighter trailer and show vehicles it became worthy of showing it's big balls.

LOL. You should geta couple of large nex nuts and hang them with a chain.

Like this

Literal_Truck_Nuts.jpg

Plus one. They look great. Gives me the impression of the authority to off-road.

Sheez ! Don't give him any ideas ! ! !

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks good man. I wish I would have went with 33"s instead of 31"s but gas is already killing me. lol Seeing yours makes me wanna go outside and wax mine! I am new to the forum. I posted a new tread of some pics of mine let me know what you think.

Thanks man, my paint is actually extremely oxidized, faded and scratched up but I used the Meguair's quick detail spray on it and it doe's a great job of hiding some of it.

My buddy and I are gonna try and bring it back to life with clay bar, compounds, buff and wax sometime this summer. No kidding, my paint is so bad when I spray it with water and then go to take the soap and sponge to it the water's already soaked into the paint. The pictures just have the right lighting and don't show how bad it is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

midnight, i think you should just herculine the whole thing :) :)

Back