• Register Today It's free!

new wheels and tires or a J**P

JGAMBLE

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Wainwright, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994xlt
well the income tax came in and I'm looking at the 31x10.5 pro comp M/T's on the 15x8 rock crawler from 4wheelparts.com or the wife and I have found a mid 70's J**P with hard top and doors. It's sitting on 4 flat tires with a snow plow attached, I'm gonna put some cash in his face and see what he says. Personally I don't care which happens, both have their cool points, but having a J**P would be like having dual citizenship:D not to mention 2 trails rigs

:chug: :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well im not gonna have too many fans after this one but i say go for the heep, thoguh the wheels and tires will be sweet too.

yeah, you can never have too many play toys, and with the x almost paid off, I could have 2 very serious trail rigs in a short time frame.

Jeep + 4 flats + used as a plow truck = trouble! :eek:

Get some new shoes! :D

Get the Jeep, then you dont have to worry about messing up the X. Just make sure that the Jeep does not hae a crapload of wear on it, being that it was a plow truck.

yeah, she'll need work, but I'm a mechanic, so I don't care. I'm actually hoping for a blowed motor, so the price will be cheap, you can get those old 258 AMC's cheap as H*ll. Like I said though, I'm cool with either one, the wife really wants the J**P though, and you know how that works.

Plowing snow isnt exactly easy on vehicles. 4 Flats? You'll be getting new tires for that thing anyways. Get some rims and tires.

why get an AMC 258 when you can find 304s with ease! osrry, im mainly an AMC guy, especially since i have 2 AMXs. 360s ar also common, goto any junkyard and look for wagoneers, and if at all possible, get one with dogleg heads and manifolds.:eek: :eek: :p

sorry forthe rant but i get excited with AMCs........:D :D

well something else I've been thinking about is that I have a built 302 sitting beside the house collecting dust, I just don't know how many adapters I'd have to use to get it all hooked up and then there's the cooling system. I guess that's all stuff to think about if the guy will sell us the J**P to begin with. I just like the 258 for it's simplicity and availability.

Originally posted by JGAMBLE
well something else I've been thinking about is that I have a built 302 sitting beside the house collecting dust

Geez.. now there's a problem that I wish I had...

you could for $500, it'd be all yours:D thinking about putting it in the paper, it's .06 over, keith black piston, edelbrock cam, and 289 performer intake, reworked early 70's truck heads with 351 valves and a D.U.I. distributor, just needs a good home.

damn i wish i had 500 bucks and a car to put it in......like a maverick!(something cool not a mustang)

wow im off topic!.......sorry:p

well stopped and looked at the jeep friday, it's rough, but I've worked on worse. It's a 304, 4 spd model, so it'd be nice when finished. The only problem is that it's sitting at an abandoned house. I'm buying my tires this week, we're gonna try to find the owner of the j**p, but if not, no big deal. Sure am gonna like having new tires though.

alrighty went on line and ordered the wheels and tires today. Had to A/T due to needing brakes and shocks:( Oh well, thinking about skyjacker and 33x12.5's in about a yr.:D

Back