New wheels been fitted on Saturday | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New wheels been fitted on Saturday

New wheels been fitted ** NOW WITH PICS **

Just purchased a set of 22"s fitted with 295-30-22 tyres

dc6.gif

The rims are been machined to fit the 5-114 bolt pattern and offset, should I expect any other major problems up front with the added width with the wheels on full lock ? rubbing etc ? I've seen tons of Ex's online with 22s fitted but none in the flesh.

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DAMN! those are gonna look huge. baller status.

22" rims eh? Baller status for sure

What color are those? Nice to see something besides chrome

How much were they with tires and all

Nice choice of wheels. Those look real good. A 295 is pretty wide. I' not exactly sure if they will rub or not, but just be sure to cycle the steering to full lock both ways before driving. Defenitely post some pics when you get them mounted. :thumbsup:

welcome swaybar rub

boominXplorer said:
welcome swaybar rub

At least it's a street tire and not a mud. It shakes the whole damn truck.

Guys,

They are finished in a colour called 'Hyperblack', in some lights they look chrome ish' in others they look like a dark anthracite / silver colour......should look pretty good as my Ex is Black, they cost ......don't laugh you US guys.....£2095 sterling, should have been £2795...but got a good deal...... so get the exchange rate in there and have a laugh......there is a massive shortage of 'Ex' parts in the UK.......please don't tell me how much a set of 22"s cost in the states.....

Will post some pics when they're fitted.

hhhhoooollllyyyy sheit! you must have a good job, haha

omg!! thats a lot, you can get a good set of 24's for that price. :eek: whoops wasnt suppose to say that. Those are really nice though. And it is nice to see something besides chrome. -TJ

So how much does an average set of 22"s cost stateside ?

As far as a good job goes I just pimp the wife !!!

hahahaha

Subscribing cause I want to see pics of them on the X. They should look good!

Nippon said:
So how much does an average set of 22"s cost stateside ?

As far as a good job goes I just pimp the wife !!!

My friend was qouted his 22's for 2000 with tires and everything. We have a good shop down here though. But average is prolly about 2500. But then if you start looking at Giovanni and Lexani then your gettin top dollar. But i dont know like what brand yours are but for the color they are prolly worth it if they are top brand. But again they look good, cant wait for pictures. -TJ

Haven't had time to take pics yet as it's raining....just ran out and took these, will get some better ones .......

DSCF0091.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

Think I still need some spacers to push the wheels out a little and there is a little rubbing when on full lock.

looks cool. But for the spacers --- you may want to look into removing your fender flares. I believe a few people have done it and said it looks great. Just an option.

-Drew

Yeah, thought about that, but I personally like the fender flares, All Uk Ex's have them....

I like those. 295 is pretty wide. I had 275s and rubbed on some turns.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice

Back