New Wheels For '04 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Wheels For '04 Explorer

Hello all, first post =] here's my truck:

Explorer.jpg

I'm looking to put 20" rims on my '04 XLT Sport in about a years time... I plan on purchasing the RIMS new on Ebay (found some great dealers)...

Zinik Z9 20"(having trouble finding anyone selling these on Ebay, $350 a piece on www.tirerack.com)

zinik_z9_ci3_l.jpg

here's an Explorer with 22" Z9's

explorer.jpg

also looking at Boss Wheels:

Boss 301 20"

301_20chrome.jpg

and the Boss 304 20"

ACF75.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i don't know much about wheels & tires so i'm trying to do the research and learn as much as possible. i know that the bolt pattern for my Explorer is 5-4.5... i know the Zinik Z9's will fit, as well as the Boss 304's... The 301's i have to find w/ a 5 bolt pattern if i decide to go with those...

Where's the most cost effective place to buy tires? Ebay? Tirerack.com? I don't want to spend too much on tires but i don't want to shortchange myself if i'm spending all this money on the rims... I know the recommended tire size will be 255-50-20... alot of the wheel/tire packages I was seeing included Goodyear Eagle GT II tires, good ones to get?

does anyone know if they make Boss 301's that will fit the Explorer? As far as I can tell they don't make them in the specified bolt pattern...

ANHEDONIC said:
does anyone know if they make Boss 301's that will fit the Explorer? As far as I can tell they don't make them in the specified bolt pattern...

More than likely, if you can't find them - they don't make 'em!

-Drew

EDIT: and tell that guy to get rid of those nerf bars -- looks retarded on a street vehicle.

Back