• Register Today It's free!

New windows phone and Sync ?

Saffer

Reaction score
City, State
Torrance, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
I want to upgrade from iPhone to Microsoft Windows phone once the new Nokia Lumia 900 becomes available.

How well does the MS phone work with the system ? Are all the features working (Bluetooth, streaming, Zune player, Text messaging interface etc ?)

I am a little skeptical as other MS products don't seem to play well with Sync, like Zune.

Thanks

From the several postings I have read (a few here, a couple elsewhere), the new Windows phones seem to play rather well with MFT when it comes to the features you listed. I don't speak from experience, as I have neither an Ex nor a Windows phone, so take it for what it's worth. My findings have resulted quite a bit of research due to my desire to upgrade to a new phone, but also get one that is most compatible with MFT.

Also, looking at the phone compatibility chart on the syncmyride site, the windows phones seem to do well. Unfortunately, we're on Verizon, and VZW only has one Windows phone, and it is not on the compatibility list. AT&T seems to have a good selection of Windows phones, and I think 1 or 2 of them are on the compatibility list. I recall that they had good support for the MFT features.

I have been able to use all with mine - iphone, Android & WP7. The Windows phone by far had the best integration with Sync/MFT. It is the only one that the text reading worked.

Back