• Register Today It's free!

New Work Done Again With Pics

fedyfedz

Reaction score
City, State
Suffolk County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 limited v8
So today i did more work to my x its so addicting. Here is the list of what I have done today.

*Seafoam Treatment.
*Cleaned throttle body and IMAF.
*Oil change with royal purple.
*Painted the fog light bezel which was greyish.
*Debadged all the parts that say explorer.

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Before
IMG_1251.jpg

After
IMG_1318.jpg

Seafoam Treatment Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sEaENfWdM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like what you did with painting the bezel I might have to give that a whirl. What does that sea foam treatment seem to do? Nice job keep up all the work on the X. How hard is it to clean the throttle body and IMAF

Great job! I actually gave my Explorer a good bath and cleaned the wheels:D Was going to put a coat of wax on, but other plans came into place.

Keep up the good work!!!

The seafoam treatments works wonders and does everything. cleans gas tank, fuel injectors, improves idle regains any lost horsepower due to buildup, and more things i cant remember and its only like 10 bucks. To clean the IMAF and Throttle body all i had to do was disconnect rubber tubing from throttle bottle and spay cleaner in there and pretty much same thing with intake spray in right at the IMAF. the X runs like a million bucks now.

looks great

I think I might give that seafoam a try it sounds pretty good is it simple to do and understand?

Looks good.

you have any future plans for the truck?

yes i cant stop doing things to it, its my favorite thing to do just got back from pepboys and got some more ideas. I do plan on getting bigger tires late fall for the winter probably bf goodwrich slightly larger than my stock so it sits slightly higher. This week and this month i will be putting hide away off road lights behind my billet grill. yesterday i also finished painting the bottom piece of plastic on the front bumper with the same bumper paint and also sanded the back trail hitch and hit it with semi flat rustoleum. Also hit the entire underbody of the x with it and any places that showed rust. This month im going to get flowmaster 40 exhaust then i will be holding off for awhile as to i have done so much work and its far from stock and my pocket shows it!! So I need to hold off and save up for some more goodies...and bills of course.

How hard was it to spray the entire underbody? Did you lift it with anything or just climb under there?

i just climbed under there since i took my running boards off more stuff shows now its good casue its not like any one is going to see the underneath i just put a roguh coat on practically everything huge difference, also got the rear control arms.

I haven't climbed under my truck since day one but there was some oxidation on there and its ugly was going to spray it if I start taking it to the beach more and more. You working on your truck so much makes me want to going into overdrive on mine haha.

This is the look I am going for. What did you use to paint your rims and how hard is it to take off all of the explorer badges?

I used krylon satin black and krylon gloss black took about 7 hours total with sanding cleaning and painting. And its pretty easy to take off the badges if your careful and patient. I used fishing line wd40 and some alchol. Also need a flat plastic scrapper.

Right on, I may try that this weekend. I had a buddy paint his rims with plasti dip and they turned out badass. No sanding or scuffing required and it gives the same finish as yours. Only thing about his, if you dont like it, you can peel it right off with no residue left behind.

fedyfedz...

I got to say those fog light bezels look bad-ass after you painted em. Keep up the good work, your X looks great :thumbsup:

thanks man next question is whats next.

was thinking about k&n Intake, flowmaster 40, sct tune(couple months)

when you say install the FM40, what do you mean ?

just installing the muffler, or running a true CBE ?

my friend who is a mechanic said he has to look but hes pretty sure that i could unbolt my old exhaust get a fm40 from pepboys and then buy pipe and run it out the back and have it held together by clamps, ive seeen ur post about ur exhaust with the pics and stuff but i just get confused i dont want to spend that much for exhaust as to for my civiv i paid 660 for magnaflow cat back...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$660 for an exhaust on a civic? :eek:

Back