New Year's 07, where ya want it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Year's 07, where ya want it?

Where do you want to celebrate New Year's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Okay, since we're having some debate about exactly where everyone wants to have our New Year's run this year, here's a poll to decide the outcome. Everyone please vote, even if you don't care which one we end up at!

Choices are (wheeling saturday Dec 31 and Monday Jan 1, 2007):

1) Rausch Creek both days
2) Paragon both days
3) Paragon sunday, Rausch Creek monday

My arguments:

1) Pro's: Moderate trails, always a fun time especially if there's snow on the ground- everybody stays in the same hotel which makes it much easier for all of us to hang out and celebrate instead of being scattered among 3-4 places.
Cons: If you break, you're kinda screwed unless we get really creative, because there's no local garage to fix at and no real parts stores around, trails we've always taken are not as challenging as Paragon's (HOWEVER, we've never taken harder trails at RC!).

2) Pro's: Can hit harder trail offshoots while still travelling moderate trails, Plenty of places to do 'after hours' wheeling, lots of parts stores and possibly a garage to work in if needed (assuming it isn't rented out by then), a few free places to stay.
Con's: Paragon's closed on Monday, hitting harder trails usually means somebody's gonna break something and hold the rest of us up all day either trying to fix it or drag them outta the park, risk of legal action for wheeling in aforementioned 'after hours' places.

3) Pro's: Can hit hard trails saturday, take it easy sunday- plenty of parts stores to fix any broken items, best of both worlds. Free saturday night places to stay.
Con's: If someone breaks bad, there goes New Year's eve because we'll be all night helping fix whatever breaks, Expensive on gas to travel to both places.

If y'all choose #3, Would we be celebrating New Year's at RC in the hotel or driving to Rc the next day from Hazleton? I wasn't impressed with New Year's in Hazleton last year- it went frightfully boring to really aggravating, just my $.02... but it doesn't mean that this year can't be planned better if we have enough time to figure out what we wanna do! So VOTE!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gee, its a wonder why new years sucked in hazleton last year...... dont even get me started on that one..... cuz it sucked 100 times worse for me :thumbdwn: and thats not totally referring to pulling 'someone' out of a creek at 4am, or the multiple flat tires...... and getting *****ed at the whole time..... no.... not all that :D

c'mon, picture this..... nice big house party, grilling all night on the back deck, drinking whatever/whenever/wherever, wheeling quads/trucks whenever ya want just a couple blocks away, having a place to crash for FREE...... ya know ya want it!!!!!!!!!

becides, hotels suck to party in cuz your so damn limited on what you can and cant do, cant make much noise, as apposed to a house party :thumbsup:

Well, whre to party is a hard call, part of me says we should do it at RC all together, part of me says we go to RC in the morning. But it all depends on the days carnage. I say if everyone can make it to RC that night then we go for it and get out there, that way we wont have far to go after a nights partying (which I think is a really good plan, who wants to getup and drive an hour newyears morning?)

I know I want to hit hard trails as long as im swapped, but I wont try anything to stupid that would end up holding the group back (unless you egg me on)

If I do break, I will have a truck and trailer there so I will just load up and haul it over to RC and ride along the next day if we cant get it fixed in time.

But ya, Paragon sunday, travel to RC after the park closes sunday and get settled into the motel and party on!

well i dont know bout y'all but im not partyin at a damn hotel for new years..... I got a big ass house and by damn Im gonna use it!!!!

If either were not 10 hrs away from me id be there.

can everyone who voted tell us where they voted, we want to know what everyone thinks.

can everyone who voted tell us where they voted, we want to know what everyone thinks.

Click on the number of votes on the right hand side of the polls...it will tell you who voted for that item.

well i am still waiting to get my work schedule and then i will know what i can do, but i know if it seem like there is going to be the drama from the past runs i would rather sit on my couch at home and do nothing just my opnion

If everyone said that, no one would come. Drama's moved on, and a reason for considering RC

I should be able to make it to this. We're working on getting back home and I think I should be back in the states with in a week. I'm also going to try and bring my truck but but we'll see what happens.

I should be able to make it to this. We're working on getting back home and I think I should be back in the states with in a week. I'm also going to try and bring my truck but but we'll see what happens.

That would be the awesomest new year ever if you could get that damn thing back up this way for a weekend :D :bounce:

Skunk said:
gee, its a wonder why new years sucked in hazleton last year...... dont even get me started on that one..... cuz it sucked 100 times worse for me and thats not totally referring to pulling 'someone' out of a creek at 4am, or the multiple flat tires...... and getting *****ed at the whole time..... no.... not all that

Hey, I wasn't doing the *****ing at least! I said thank you :p:

I'm going about this old skool- wherever gets the most votes by say.. November 10th? Is where we'll spend New year's, ok?

I say whoever is still coming the day before, we decide then. People could drop out and never show but they voted for something others who did show didnt want.

Hey, I wasn't doing the *****ing at least! I said thank you :p:

never said it was u.... it was my X (thank god I can say that now) wife.... and if I remember correctly, you were the one that finally got him out of that damn creek by yankin on his brushguard.

Back