New Years' Resolutions Anyone? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

New Years' Resolutions Anyone?

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
I know that it is an old tradition...but I always seem to have a few. This year, my resolutions are as follows:

1) Quit smoking (again)
** A note here, I actually stopped smoking for 6 years, way back when, and started again, right before I met hubby 17 years ago. I used Chantix over this last spring/summer and IT WORKS! And it was painless with no side affects for me. Then, I made the mistake of trying to smoke socially after being smoke free for 2 months+...don't make the same mistake. I am getting back on the Chantix hopefully next week.

2) Finish losing the weight I gained. (I used to be a semi-pro power lifter) *sighs*

3) Spend more time sewing for enjoyment now

4) Take/Make time for Myself to enjoy life

5) Finish what I start regardless of how difficult it may be

6) Take better physical care of myself, to stay out of a wheelchair as LONG as possible.

So...anyone else out there have any resolutions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sojourner

Reaction score
City, State
Out in the boonies, California (Homeland/Romoland)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Toyota Camry
Well, I don't smoke so that's not one of them. However, I do need to lose some weight and I will be working on that this year, for sure!
So;
1. Lose weight (just about every woman's resolution, I think)! lol
2. Finish my education. (It's been a rough road!)
3. FIND time for myself to enjoy life. (That's not easy between work, family and school!)
4. Try not to be so cranky with my family.
5. Stop stressing out so much!
6. Exercise and eat right (part of losing weight, I think)!

It will probably grow as the first couple of weeks go by.

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
But I'll borrow part of your number 6, if that's okay.;)

6) to stay out of a wheelchair as LONG as possible.

Donner,

You bet you can! I have extremely advanced/severe spinal and facet arthritis, along with degen disk and spinal stenosis.

For those that don't know what the stenosis is, it is basically where the area in the spine, that has the nerves passing out into the rest of the body narrows. It basically cuts into the nerves, causing even more pain. Not a nice thing...believe me. They diagnosed me about 10 years ago, with the promise that I would be in a wheelchair within 5-8 years. I basically told the doc I would NOT be in a chair til after my son graduates...which is another 3 1/2 years. And for the record, it was NOT the power lifting that caused my back issues, it was a fall when I was 15 y/o...it sucks to get old! :p:

Lt.Jim

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
South Central Pennsylvania/NorthernMaryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
In 2000 I made the new years resolution to never make another new years resolution. I've held fast to this one for 8 years now!:thumbsup:

Sojourner

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Toyota Camry
Donner,

You bet you can! I have extremely advanced/severe spinal and facet arthritis, along with degen disk and spinal stenosis.

For those that don't know what the stenosis is, it is basically where the area in the spine, that has the nerves passing out into the rest of the body narrows. It basically cuts into the nerves, causing even more pain. Not a nice thing...believe me. They diagnosed me about 10 years ago, with the promise that I would be in a wheelchair within 5-8 years. I basically told the doc I would NOT be in a chair til after my son graduates...which is another 3 1/2 years. And for the record, it was NOT the power lifting that caused my back issues, it was a fall when I was 15 y/o...it sucks to get old! :p:

My back problems are just attributed to age. The doctor told me that, if I lose weight, it would alleviate a lot of the problem. By the way, I have mild spinal stenosis so I am quite aware of what it does. I am hoping it doesn't get any worse than it is now, which is why I chose the resolution to lose weight, exercise and eat right! ;)

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
My back problems are just attributed to age. The doctor told me that, if I lose weight, it would alleviate a lot of the problem. By the way, I have mild spinal stenosis so I am quite aware of what it does. I am hoping it doesn't get any worse than it is now, which is why I chose the resolution to lose weight, exercise and eat right! ;)

Sojourner,

So you totally understand when I say I have pain 24/7 and simply am dealing with it! Will keep your efforts in my prayers and hope that you do some real good at putting it off, as well as me.

Sojourner

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Toyota Camry
Sojourner,

So you totally understand when I say I have pain 24/7 and simply am dealing with it! Will keep your efforts in my prayers and hope that you do some real good at putting it off, as well as me.

Thanks! Same goes here, RhainyC! :)

Hey! How far is Blaine from Lynnwood, Washington? I have a friend who lives up there! I've been planning to head up that way when I get enough money together and some time off! lol

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
I made a few resolutions, but I'm not too worried... I'm giving them up for lent. :p

-Joe

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
Thanks! Same goes here, RhainyC! :)

Hey! How far is Blaine from Lynnwood, Washington? I have a friend who lives up there! I've been planning to head up that way when I get enough money together and some time off! lol

Hey Cool!!! It's less than 2 hours south of us...we are up almost at the Canadian Border, and Lynnwood is just north of Seattle...which is about 90 miles south of us.

Would love to meet for coffee if ya make it up here.

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
1) FINISH MY SAS :D

2) Loose 4 inches from my waste

3) Smoke many types of tasty critters in the brinkman, perfect my pizza crust, bbq sauce and a rub.

4) Drink less beer....that's gonna be the hard one but goes with 2

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
1) Pay my business off.

2)Build another explorer (THE BIG KIND)

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
1) Finally get down to single digits in body fat %

2) Find a full time job I enjoy after graduation in May...

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
Thank you...

Donner,

I'm not happy with the cane either, but it beats walking without it (can't). Thanks for the kind words! And curvy is nice ;)

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
My automotive related resolution is to get 35 MPG consistently.

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
I'm not happy with the cane either, but it beats walking without it (can't). Thanks for the kind words! And curvy is nice ;)

Yep I use my cane when I have to...which is several times a month, with the weather here. I have to laugh because most folks don't think that I *need* one, if they've seen me before without it... :D But hey we all have our *bad* days.

Thanks for appreciating curvy...some folks can't look past it to within... ;)

glfredrick

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
86-98 Ranger STX
Seeing as how I ALWAYS break my resolutions, I herby resolve to:

1. Eat like a pig and gain 50 pounds...
2. Let my Ranger SAS project sit in the garage for another year...
3. Completely fill the back yard with scrap parts so that my wife has something to complain about...
4. Do my taxes on the night of April 15th...
5. bitc*, whine, complain, be egotistical, etc., until I loose ALL of my friends...
6. Induce the papers on my desk to "be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth by showing them paper **** if need be...
7. Keep my wife and kids at arm's length...

That should do it for this year. :D

Gator Jeff

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport 4x4
1. Take PT seriously and get back full use of my leg (neuro surgery in November) and return to firefighting and competitive running and cycling.

2. I have a new job, so make the most of that

3. Be the best boyfriend I can be to my amazing new girlfriend. Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic, but she is quite possibly the best thing that has ever happened to me.

And like the others....

1) Finally get down to single digits in body fat %

Same here... or at least under 15%

2) Loose 4 inches from my waste

Maybe 2 or 3 inches, but this will happen with the body fat reduction.

3) Smoke many types of tasty critters in the brinkman, perfect my pizza crust, bbq sauce and a rub.

Can't wait to hear about the pizza crust. Is that a deep dish or NY style? Of course, that's part of the reason that I need to loose the body fat and inches from the waist.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
Just a wee FYI for the pizza dough...be sure you *Proof* the dough, it makes a world of difference...I know, had a Pizza chef for a dad and a classically trained Italian Chef for a step-dad. ;)