New Year's run Dec. 31/Jan 1, '04-PA??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Year's run Dec. 31/Jan 1, '04-PA???

I'll bring the potato gun.. I have onboard air so I can power the gun or should I say bazooka. Whats the rate for the Forest Hill Inn? I get a discount rate from Ramada Inn..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spas said:
Anyone have any idea what we can do saturday day? It's very easy for us to hang around and BS since it's what we do best, but there's got to be something else to do, lol.

I know one thing we are not gonna do.. work on Tank.. unless Dave can bring a rollback so we can drop it off for disposal.

Blee1099 said:
I know one thing we are not gonna do.. work on Tank.. unless Dave can bring a rollback so we can drop it off for disposal.

I was thinking more of a post-mortem disassembly of tank....easier to dispose of that way :D

* wonders if Savage Wolf can get a generator that can power a plasma cutter & compressor.

Hey hey hey, no reason to fight over me, there's more than enough of me to go around.... well for the ladies any way, sorry Dave. :p Yeah I'm down for whatever as long as I'm on my plane back to to Sierra Vista on Sunday I'm good to go.

Asilly50NJ said:
Maybee Jersey would be better to do this so Doug wont be late for his plane............Plus Jersey has free house and board for people

Oh really? Where? last time I checked, neither you, Justin nor Meatball has enough room to sleep everyone who wants to go :confused: Your heart's in the right place, though ;) Unfortunately, Jersey's too far away for some people to travel, which is why we always used to pick Hazleton (it's about as central as you can get to everyone). I'm quite sure I'll be dragging Fug through Mahwah and/or the Pines before he leaves, however :D Jeff, you and Lizard know where the wheelin in PA is more so than everyone else, what other options can you suggest?

Ben, congratulations!!!!!! YOU JUST VOLUNTEERED TO HELP ME FIX TANK UP FOR THIS TRIP!!!!! :D :p :D

Of course i found that video first ;P

It's still on, I'd talk to the brains of the operations Lindsy for all the details.

Doug said:
It's still on, I'd talk to the brains of the operations Lindsy for all the details.

Feh. :p

Pine Grove Comfort Inn, nights of December 30th and 31st. Raush Creek, Friday December 31st, Saturday January 1st. BYOB! Anyone who has beef with me, don't go because this is supposed to be fun not argumentative (I stayed away from Paragon as requested, keep that in mind). If you need directions/ info, talk to Blee or Draper: I'm kinda busy trying to get out of work and get my 91 running right. This goes on regardless of weather... snow just makes it more fun!

Alright update...

We are scheduled for 2 days @ Rausch Creek Offroad Park in Tremont, PA. For those unfamiliar with the area, it is near I-81 @ Exit 107. We will be staying at the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove, PA (I-81 @ Exit 100) on Thursday night & Friday night. I say we wheel till about 3:30 or so on Friday maybe start around 10 am. The park closes @ 4 and since the sun goes down @ 4:30 up there, I think it would be wise to get out before the sun rises since we all more than likely will have to air up. Maybe Saturday wheel for about 1/2 a day or so..

Spas said:
Anyone who has beef with me, don't go because this is supposed to be fun not argumentative (I stayed away from Paragon as requested, keep that in mind).

If I recall, you werent going to stay away from paragon because you "wanted a confrontation" well maybe now you and your followers will understand why I didnt want you at paragon.... the same reason you dont want "anyone with beef with you" to come.... because you want to have fun.... not bullshit!!

I could easily force myself into the situation like you did being that its only a half hour away, but Im not gonna go that low.

lizardtrac said:
Spas said:
Anyone who has beef with me, don't go because this is supposed to be fun not argumentative (I stayed away from Paragon as requested, keep that in mind).
If I recall, you werent going to stay away from paragon because you "wanted a confrontation" well maybe now you and your followers will understand why I didnt want you at paragon.... the same reason you dont want "anyone with beef with you" to come.... because you want to have fun.... not bullshit!!

I could easily force myself into the situation like you did being that its only a half hour away, but Im not gonna go that low.

And this is the exact reason(among others) I am removing myself from this club. No other club on this board acts like a bunch of babies like you all do. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and the way you all act. Hope ya have a good time.

IAmTodd said:
And this is the exact reason(among others) I am removing myself from this club. No other club on this board acts like a bunch of babies like you all do. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and the way you all act. Hope ya have a good time.

Todd you are right.. I think all this public bashing isn't helping anything at all. We have to think of some solutions that can be agreed on mutually. Any suggestions?

Personally, I think all slates should be wiped clean. We are grown men/women and need to suck it up, and wipe it clean. I deal with more mature(I know, everyone says it) people in high school.

The power hunger needs to stop, there is no leader, there is no follower.

Although we all have feelings, some will be hurt, throw a band aid over it and join in on the fun.

And yes, this public bashing crap needs to stop. Do it with a freaken PM or an Email, thats why its there. No one cares about he said/she said, look at this IM they sent me, OH MY GOSH THEY CALLED ME POOPIE! Your personal life is your's, don't burden other's with it. Have fun guys, pull it together!

IAmTodd said:
Personally, I think all slates should be wiped clean. We are grown men/women and need to suck it up, and wipe it clean. I deal with more mature(I know, everyone says it) people in high school.

Although we all have feelings, some will be hurt, throw a band aid over it and join in on the fun.

And yes, this public bashing crap needs to stop. Do it with a freaken PM or an Email, thats why its there. No one cares about he said/she said, look at this IM they sent me, OH MY GOSH THEY CALLED ME POOPIE! Your personal life is your's, don't burden other's with it. Have fun guys, pull it together!

and just how did you get involved in this?

Blee1099 said:
Any suggestions?

This good 'nuff for you O Great One?

IAmTodd said:
I think all slates should be wiped clean. We are grown men/women and need to suck it up, and wipe it clean.!

been there tried that didnt work.... next

IAmTodd said:

where do you think this stuff up at???

IAmTodd said:
Although we all have feelings, some will be hurt, throw a band aid over it and join in on the fun. !

easier said then done... you werent the one that was hurt.

IAmTodd said:
Ive tried the whole PM thing and you decide to bring it back here and answer it in the open threads..... guess you really are in highschool :D

Well?? anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? forgetting about it aint an option at this point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not stepping on anybody's toes here. you can delete my post if you feel it is necessary. i did notice that the other thread was shut down over all of this. even though i am not around to do any runs lately, last one i went on this summer was a blast with draper, chris etc..., i think some of this stuff is better left unsaid in an open forum. i know chris and spas from the runs and some other things. Chris and I crawled around Harry's u-pull it, Linds and i traded a few emails about the bloomsburg truck show that she tried to attend.

I don't have any background or insight into what is or has been said, but i do know that i still follow the threads about upcoming runs and will probably go back to paragon once i sell my explorer and build my wrangler. I would hope that the same people are still around when i'm able to go back again. This infighting does not really have a place here. I realize that I am on the outside looking in but the reason that i am posting is because slowly but surely people are going to leave the group. everytime i check the posts about a run nearby i expect to see something about location, times, funny stories and pictures. off-roading is one thing that i enjoy alot, unfortunately for the new few months or so i will not be able to attend the events. this club and website has allowed me to meet new people and have new expertise when things go wrong. I bought a motor from draper, called him about trans problems, bought stickers from Chris and learned alot about driving offroad from him as well. these are the things that this club is uspposed to be about. its always fun to look at the events and think about how fun it would be to go again. I am asking (not telling) everyone to keep to the issues here when posting. I enjoy the camaraderie and the fun times. I'm not trying to condemn anyone here and i realize that this might step on people's toes but i aslo realize that sometimes it might be beneficial for an outsider to lend some input or reflection.

Best wishes, and Happy Holidays.

sorry I cant make this run with my truck but i might go out there with my quads and few guys from home. i'll let you know

Back