• Register Today It's free!

NewB

charles88tc

Reaction score
City, State
Dahlonega Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
Hey guys I am a newb here. But not to Explorers, well at least my own 93 sport. I am 24 years old and my 93 was my first vehicle that I have owned, since then I have added an 88 thunderbird turbo coupe to my stable. I got the truck in 2000 with 83015 miles on the clock. It was purchased from a used car lot. I was told that a nurse used to own it. It was in excellent condition, cept for a couple door dings, and a small dent in the hood above the grill. Now she has 220,x.. miles on it, and is currently blown up at the moment. My girlfriend was on her way to work when it overheated and I assume it has cracked at least one more head (havent even looked at it yet). I think looking back, after the second head gasket and cracked head experience the whole motor should have been gone thru, well at least had the block surfaced. Since then I have replaced a set of heads and each again individually. New plans include a total rebuild with mods. I am just curious as to camshaft choice, and other internals. With research I am sure I will bring it back to its former glory, and add some performance to it too!

I found you guys while searching for an aftermarket head. I frequent a couple other boards as well. NATO is where I am usually found by the same s/n. NATO IS the North American Turbo Coupe Organization, there board is at natomessageboard.com. I also frequent turboford.org . Thanks Guys! for having a place like this. the sites I have mentioned have been SO HELPFUL with my turbo coupe, I found you guys and maybe you can do the same for my 93 EXP Sport! If I cannot satisfy myself, my uncle has an 88 lx 5.0 with a good bit of mods, that is wrecked I am thinking of swapping the 5.0 and 5sp into my sport in an attempt to make what I think an xp8 would have looked like in 93!

Welcome to the site :thumbsup:

-Drew

Back