Newbie Dad of a daughter with a bricked Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie Dad of a daughter with a bricked Sport Trac

davegsc

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
West Coast of Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
01Ford Explorer Sporttrac
Hi,

Dave here. My daughter has a 2001 SportTrac with the dreaded blinking "Theft" light. And only one chip key. We live on a small island with no dealership, so towing fees, ferry wait times and other costs to get it to a dealership will run over one thousand dollars...., not a viable option.

I've read a tremendous amount of info since the truck died 6 months ago, but there's a lot of misinformation out there. The quality of this forum was obvious right away, so I joined the "Elite" club right away.

I'm hoping to find a better solution in here. First though, I'll read all the posts in here on the subject before I start asking questions. Chances are, some one has solved this problem already.

Cheers
Dave, on an island off the left coast of Canada

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope you can get your daughters Explorer up and running without too much expense.

I visited Vancouver Island once. Ferried our RV over there. What a great place!

Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks! It looks like there is so much information in here, over and above my needs.

-- swshawaii - Thanks for the link, - I'll try that Forscan device - if it works, it'll be a lot cheaper than first..., towing to a dealership, then being at their mercy! I know there are some good dealers out there, I just haven't found one yet.

-- Rick - Glad you enjoyed your visit to Vancouver Island (that's "the big island" to us :-D!) We're on a small island on the east side of V.I.

Thanks again guys - I sure appreciate you weighing in on just an intro blurb!

Best!
Dave

Dave, welcome.

Read this thread, it may be a life saver. GL

PATS key sucsess! Thanks Forscan
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432028

I can confirm this IS a LIFESAVER. It will help you unbrick your daughters Ex and give you more information about the truck than you will know what to do with. Read through the thread and learn from others as there are a few things you can do to save time and a bit of spare change in the process.

I just went through and am playing with it currently so give me a PM or a shout if you need some help.

if there is anywhere to find help, its from these people here. they are the best

Back