Newbie Explorer owner needs advice please. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie Explorer owner needs advice please.

carswaps

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 4.0 Auto
First of all i would like to say Hi to all :wavey:

Just bought a 1998 Explorer 4.0
I have a few problems to sort on it but for most i have found answers on here.
Just a couple i cant source....
The rear screen heater isnt working, the drivers seat is blowing fuses (can i wire in to another live feed or will it be the seat that is the problem?)
And finally the car is LPG converted, there shows to be a quarter of a tank of petrol in but all of a sudden the gauge will drop and the check gauge light come on! is this a gauge fault or do all Explorers do this when low on fuel?

Regards to all Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi and welcome to the site.
not to sure about the electrics.

but the fuel gauge on the explorer is a little iffy around the 1/4 mark,it sort of stops reading when it drops under,mine usually has to drop just under to stop telling me how much i actually have,but has to go a long time before the check light comes on.

usually driveways with slopes can cause the needle to go empty on the last quater, all 3 in my driveway behave like this, if you face up it shows empty, face down and you gain a little less then quater.

mines the other way round, always got less fuel when facing downhill

or it could be that way, i did think about it so i may of got it wrong, :confused: but the tank is very long with the fuel rail at one end or near middle to read it. :scratch:

mines the other way round, always got less fuel when facing downhill

mines the same i found that when the check guage light comes i have about 30 miles left

Back