• Register Today It's free!

Newbie from the PNW

chucknormous

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Well I am new here and just joined the Explorer world. I bought a 2002 Eddie Bauer with 89000 on the clock and the 4.0 in it. thing runs like a top and have no complaints. Will it stay stock? Of course not!

I want it to be a bit of a "street king" if you will. I am not going to do anything to crazy or anything just some basic aesthetic things.

Plans:
Billet grills(upper and lower, and fog light grill inserts)
HID lights(high, low and fog)
blacked out tail lights and headlights and corners(also will cut daytime corners)
all other lights will switch to LED
wheels and tires(has 265/75R16)
drilled and slotted severe duty brake kit
MAJOR Audio upgrade
matte black paint job(blue and tan now, bleh)
air ride suspension
maybe a programmer

Things done:
updated ford wheel and bigger tires
BWM Mod

So not too crazy but still cool I think. I haven't looked yet but are there any write-ups or air ride kits out there? I work in a shop so doing a custom job wouldn't be a problem but kits are nice sometimes!

Any tips would be great.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Be sure to check out the 3rd Gen Sub Forums:

Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers
Questions related to non-modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications. Sport Trac and Sport use the 1995-2001 forum.

Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers
Questions related to modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. For Sport Trac and Sport models use the 1995-2001 forum. Aftermarket accessories and modifications. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps, lift kits, engine swap, transmission swap.

Happy Exploring! :biggthump

Back