Newbie has broken gas pedal..Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie has broken gas pedal..Help!

Nancy74LT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
FORD RANGER 1991
Hi. I've got a 91 Ranger and today something came disconnected from the back of my gas pedal. It looks kinda like a big paper clip, with one end bent in a L shape, and the other wrapped around the bottom of the pedal. It looks like it's intended to be a spring of some sort and my pedal is floppy. I can't see where it should hook to. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks. Is it safe to drive??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine's been hanging for a while, I just ignored it. Would like to know how to fix it though. I messed around with it for a while but couldn't get it hooked on anything.

Oops! Please delete this reply.

Found this pic off ebay. Seems that metal clip is used to hold the pedal in the upright position.

Screenshotfrom2014-08-21112020_zps70c37e78.png

Ohhh, looks like my spring broke entirely. I don't have the longer section that goes on the metal arm. Damn.

Found this pic off ebay. Seems that metal clip is used to hold the pedal in the upright position.
Great pic! :thumbsup: Searched the '91 Ranger Workshop Manual and couldn't find anything for the accelerator pedal.

Back