• Register Today It's free!

Newbie here 2!

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all,

I have 2012 XLT on order and am very excited to be getting. Mine is scheduled to arrive in mid-late Nov.

I am getting out of a 2009 GMC Acadia that has been a relatively positive ride with just a couple minor issues. 1. Constant DRL burnouts 2. one broken A/C hose, one broken A/C condensor, both out of warranty 3. Leaking timing chain cover indicating impending timing chain issue (or so I am told by the dealer).

By no means am I trying to discount some of the problems everyone is having, but I know from my time on the Acadia and Jeep forums that both the Acadia and Jeep CK are also having some serious teething pains...The first model year Acadias had some very serious issues with sunroof leaks and I know my year, the 2009, have some engine oil sludging issues that cause the timing chain to wear prematurely and break...

Likewise, the Jeep forum members are reporting issues with navigation and the media center being glitchy....

My point is all vehicles have their issues. Granted, at 40K plus, they should have the bugs worked out, but nothing is problem-free. Just trying to keep everything in perspective.

Please keep the flaming to a minimum.....Thanks!:dead:

1. Constant DRL burnouts

Welcome...

I can't believe chevy can't get a fix on this.. This has been happening since the 1998 silverado. I always comment to my wife with almost every silverado we see how one of the DRL's is out. I have been commenting on it for literally a decade, how can this still be a problem? =P

GM also got oil leak issues too, since late 80s

Back